Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

EX 820 LRRS round 6 Fast Food Charity

EX 820 LRRS round 6 Fast Food Charity

So I skipped a report in July and did not race in August so I figure it is time to put together another report!

I went into round 6 with great excitement!!
    We had all kinds of plans.

Friday we managed to get to the track just before dark and got set-up on the fence by Lake Rada. Our favorite spot! I had a new secret weapon for this round. I picked up a 2008 GSXR 1000 for track day purposes and decided that racing it would be fun. So I headed off to find Miles at S&C for some Numbers.

Saturday practice was pretty good. I just tooled around getting the feel of this new beast. She is pretty fast to say the very least compared to my SV. Lol. I signed up for Unlimited Grand Prix, Race 7. I gridded up 2D and was happy about that as I had not done a launch on this bad mamma jamma yet. The green flag flies and I had a great jump and came out of T1 in 4th place. Woo hoo... I make a quick pass into third and settled down a bit. Lap two I caught a whiff of Roger Ealy's Pink Tutu and set sail after him. By the third lap I had him reeled in and was planning my pass when he made a braking error entering T9 and the shit hit the fan. Roger went down and scattered a bike and gravel all over the track and I ran out of pavement trying to miss it all and went over the bars as I went into the grass. I ran over and shut his bike off and with the help of Scott Sewade I was picked the big Gizzer up and headed for the garage.

I was OK and the bike was largely. It needed a new brake lever and left handle bar. Luckily for me there was a 10 minute delay as they cleaned up the track. This is when about 50 people came to the rescue and fixed my bike and cheered me on as I headed back on track. We had a complete restart and it went down just like the first time. This time I was able to bring it home third for my first ever expert podium. I am in love with this bike! It just suits me so well.

I can't thank all those that helped me enough for getting me back on track. :love:

The box ceremony was even more fun than usual because I got to get on it again.

After that fun it was time for the Center garage BBQ. I had a blast cooking meat and hanging out with all the great peeps. The big surprise came when Keith Draghi got down on one knee and asked me to join the RSP race team. I was honored to be asked on the team and accepted the offer.
    I am truly happy to be part of this great team.

Sunday was a sweet sunny day that saw a couple hundred people hit the track for The Larry Lap.

On Sunday I chose to race the SV in my usual LWSS and F40L. I struggled in practice with rear grip. Race 8 LWSS saw a half decent start but I just can't seem to keep up on the straights with the pack. I did my best and had a pretty good battle with BJ and a couple others. I came home in 9th.
    F40L race 12. The END of the day. I headed out on the track with a cold front tire as the warmer got turned off by accident. At least I knew it.. I layed up on start and took a lap to get some heat in the front. I set sail after that and rode pretty well and reeled in one bike an made a pass to not finish last. Woohoo.

All in all this was my best weekend of the season!!!!!!

I want to thank all those that helped me get back out Saturday! You guys are the best. Thanks to Chuck for the spare bar. I will have a new spare for you in Oct. I was really moved by all the support that I had! The people that make this series what it is are the greatest!!! :love:

Thanks to my new Race team RSP for bringing me on board.

Thanks to MTAG for the great Pirelli Ruber. Thanks to Woodcraft for the great parts!!!

Thanks to Wendy and Emily for all that they do to support me in racing. I could not race without them.

Next round will be another fantastic time. See you cats there!!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: EX 820 LRRS round 6 Fast Food Charity

Congrats on the podium and new team!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!