Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

EX 820 Round 3. The Classic

EX 820 Round 3. The Classic

I found the funk!!!

Back into the low twenties. Finally got my speed back on Sunday.

The Classic this year started late. We did not arrive until Friday evening. Boo.

One race on Saturday. The LWGP with its large grid...

The day started rough. I headed down hot pit for first practice and the bike quit at the end of pit road. Hmmm. Restart. Quit at T2. Restart. Quite at T3. Restart quite in garage area... Push back to garage... WTF.

With the help of Tony and Sheppo I dig in looking for a reason for the FI flasing on my dash....

Nothing obvious to me. All connections are good.
    The bike refires and seems to run ok. I do some laps in the infield and all is good.. I thought.. Practice two. I start the bike and put my helmet on only to turn around to find the bike off again. WTF.

I am at a loss. I head out to find someone that knows Gen2 SVs. I find Scotty Mullin in his shiny green cast. He is the nicest guy and hops on his Golf Cart and comes right over to help. He is smart enough to know it is probably the Tip over sensor and knows what one looks like... Lol.

In about one minute he finds it and shows me that it is off it's mount. Put it back and the bike is happy. Scotty saves the day.. I can't thank him enough..

LWGP was a good time. I started 4A.. Boo. I like the outside better... I run this race and have a race long slug fest with a few other riders. It was great to have some real close racing. I finished 13 of 26.. It was a great time. Still not happy about running 1:23s but I had a blast racing with BJ and others.

Sunday. Practice went OK. Practice one was a nice warm up. Practice two was not pleasant. I saw a wreck that was not pleasant... I pulled in after 2 laps.

LWSS. Again I have a race long battle back and forth with a bunch of other mid pack dudes and smile all the way to the garage.. That was fun. I forget the particulars other than following Kurtz to the finish line... P10. Best lap a 1:22.5

Old Guys on Small Bikes.. I spent a good chunk of the race battling with some other old guy on a Monster. That was a great time. I love close races. I even more loved that I spent most of the race in the 1:20 range. With my best 1:20.4 Just .7 off my PB..

I am thrilled with the great racing and good times. The fact that I got my funk back is even better. I spent two days at TTD after the race and I think I found the secret to getting back into the 19s or better.

Thanks so much to my awesome family. Without Wendy and Emma I would not be racing.

I need to thank Woodcraft and MTAG Pirelli for the great support!!!

See you dudes and dudetts in July.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rada; 06-18-13 at 09:27 PM.

Re: EX 820 Round 3. The Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    I found the funk!!!
    Mmm, I had some funk myself after four days at the track, but it's mostly washed off now. Great report Adam, congrats on the faster times, and it was good to see you and the family there. Thanks again for being grill master!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Glad you found your speed. Can't wait for July.

Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

I'm so jealous of how happy your family is to be there with and for you Adam!
    Always a pleasure seeing you on and off the track! Time for a new PB next round!

Way to go dude! Glad you finally got it down to last years times! Nice diagnosos by scotty! Glad it was an easy fix.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

I sense a big July coming...good show out there my friend.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Welcome back sexy, glad you got some mojo back! I am looking forward to the carrot for July.

Nice race report Adam... "Old Guys on Small Bikes.." sounds like fun. Hope to enter F40L for the rest of the season with my 2nd Gen SV680 SuperBike (in addition to GTL, F50L, LWGP, LWSB & ThunderBike).

Still not too sure about Fuel Injection, but at least Matt Calhoun & Tim Barber helped me upgrade my PC3 USB device to enable the DynoJet Quick Shifter on Sunday Afternoon.

Curious if others with 2nd Gen SV650 built race bikes are having luck with Sunoco 260 GTX "Ethanol Free" 98 Octane Unleaded race fuel sold at the track for $9.00/gallon. Bike was set up for C12.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Must've been drinking Bailey's for a shoe.

Glad to see the smiles back on your face after you came off the track this round.We knew you'd be back to where you were and better to come.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Congrats and Scotty is the man....wealth of knowlege and is always willing to help

Great time racing with you, and hanging out in the garages with you and the fam, as always. I just wish our battles earlier in the weekend could have been closer to 20's than 23's!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

I was so happy to see you smiling again. The MOJO is BACK! =)

Fantastic time grilling and hanging in the pits with you and the fam, you are all very cool people that make this sport special for me so thank you for being there.