Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Family & Friends

Family & Friends

It was great to be back after nearly a year and a half. Came in Thursday night and pulled up to a great greeting from old friends. I loved it. Spent Friday doing finishing touches on the race bike. Helped Miles a little. And the garage got filled up. My ole number was taken so I had Wanda pick another. Hit tech and went to bed around 11PM after a trip down to the Shell for some Ben & Jerries Funky Monkey. Saturday I was up very first and went out for practice. Unsmooth. So I slowed down and practiced being smooth and gained some time and even had fun. Then it was qualifying for USGPRU. I went 2/10ths off my personal best. I was elated. Saturday was Formula 50 lights. I got to dice it with Mike Wankum and that was a blast. I met up with him afterwood and he was also happy. Saturday also had some more friends arrive. Went to bed around 930 PM after a pint of Ben & Jerries Americone Dream. Yummy. Sunday I had nice practices where I just practiced smooth. Then I had my USGPRU race. Had a great start and was fourth but I was with very fast company. I went as fast as I could on the ragged edge but I knew I couldn't do that for a entire race so I slowed down and just rode. It was nice being out there with such quality talent and I had no worries at the end when I got lapped by two fast very talented pilots. Formula 40 Lights and I had a good start and my family was in the bowl and I got lucky with hitting traffic there a couple of times and did some late and hard braking to make some passes. I even passed two at once so that was fun.
    Boy do I get the butterflies waiting for my turn to race. I also took my young sister up to race control and a tour of the track. And to the riders meeting. What a wonderful weekend and the people are the best. They made my family feel so welcome.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ambition Outweighs Talent strgt's Avatar

Re: Family & Friends

Good to see you back Mike.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

www.streetandcomp.com
    LRRS/CCS/WERA Am. #290
    NESBA Adv. #290