Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Houston...

Houston...

...we have Whiskey Throttle!

Boxshop weekend, practice went well, started getting braver on the jumps, got to sometimes casing the first double and mostly clearing the back table top. Saturday practice, things are going well, had a rider coming up behind me in the dirt and for some dumb reason I got competitive. Bit more gas out of the last berm, more than cleared the table top, nearly tripled it, casing onto the next jump, bounced, whiskey'd on the landing and smashed into the left side of the last jump. Smacked my my chest pretty good which sucked the drive out of me for the races. Nothing broke, but this morning I did feel a rib move out and back into position which WAS. NOT. FUN.

I had three failures:
    1) Over adjusting my grip on the throttle when going from sitting to standing
    2) I was covering the clutch but didn't pull it
    3) My standing position was sloppy and resulted in the bounce upsetting the bike and myself more than it should have

On the up side, I know the bike will triple that section without a gear change...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Houston...

Random data point: 12,500 calories burned over the three days. Heart rate peaked out at 160 on Friday. My fitbit classified 26 minutes of Friday and 16 mins of Sunday as 'outdoor bike' and has no idea what I was doing the rest of the time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Fond memories.
    Like the time I returned to the pits after an abysmal last place finish in open-AM that included a full face first serving of shit trying to get brave on the (old) double. Unzipped my leathers and half a pound of sand fell out as I'd used my chest protector as a dustbin.
    Possibly the same weekend my wife's 5 year old looked up from her moms phone after I finished a race and asked "how come you aren't as fast as the guy on the red bike".

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The last sentence killed me. LOL

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!