Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NOV 910 - Round 6

NOV 910 - Round 6

Every time I get on the track I learn something new, this is proving to be even more so in starting racing. This weekend was no exception, but the lesson was quite unfortunate.

I went down to South Carolina to watch a good friend graduate boot camp at Parris Island....at 30 years old! Great news is our country has one hell of an awesome new Marine, PFC Greybush. Oops! PFC Vera.
    NOV 910 - Round 6-imageuploadedbytapatalk1409756513-341096-jpg

Bad news, I didn't get home until Saturday afternoon, so only racing on Sunday. Oh well! My trailer is packed and ready to roll when I get back from the airport and I get to track at about 6:30 and find my buddies in 10/11N. I have a few beers and get unloaded, then have a few more beers and eat some food, then have a few more beers by the fire. Hit the bed about 10:30 a bit tipsy.

I wake up at my usual 6:30 a bit groggy and head over to registration and tech. Head out for first practice and DAMN I'm feeling bad. Cobwebs on the brain, sweating my ass off in 2 laps....not good. Finish the session, come back and crush some water. Go out for next session feeling a bit better, but not a lot.

Race 6 - AM/NOV Formula 2:
    Gridded 1A in the 3rd wave due to points from last round. Get a crap start, wheelie the bike and miss second gear, go into T1 in 5th. By the 2nd lap I'm in 1st and gap everyone else by a wide margin. Ride the rest of the way and finish. Felt like crap the entire race. Tired and dehydrated.
    Result: win
    Best lap: 1:23.719

Race 9 - NOV Starter 2:
    Gridded 1A again. Get another crap start and have some work to do again. 173 John Murray and I battled for most of the race once I made it up front. 2nd to last lap he blew 3 (I think) and went off track, easy for the rest of the way in.
    Result: win
    Best lap: 1:22.886

Pretty disappointed with my riding. I went up there thinking I should have consistent 22's in the bag with a goal of hitting a 21. Instead I was hungover and lazy on my bike. Tired early and dehydrated. What a stupid way to go into a race day. This shit is far to dangerous and way too expensive to go out there at less than 100% so shame on me. Lesson learned.

Anyway, despite my dumbass drinking too much the night before, I end up winning both of my races and made the cut time for amateur by the skin of my teeth. Not the way I wanted to do it, but I learned from it and I'll be much better going forward.

Looking forward to dicing it up in the amateur grids next round.
    NOV 910 - Round 6-imageuploadedbytapatalk1409756392-205901-jpg

I'll be going to NJMP this weekend with Jim, Frency, and Marcelo to run the CCS event. Really looking forward to learning a new track and getting some more seat time, I have 6 races over the weekend!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Re: NOV 910 - Round 6

Congrats Bud................

wait till you start weaving through the Novices in Unlimited SuperBike

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Congrats!!!

LRRS AM #110 '02 SV650s
    Racing for: Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Sponsors: Woodcraft CFM, Armorbodies, Yoshimura, DP Brakes, Lucas Oil.