Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kitt #53 weekend 7 15's!!

Kitt #53 weekend 7 15's!!

OK, I have had a lot of distractions, both trackside and elsewhere this season... I'm happy to be focused on racing for this round, and feeling more and more confident on the new rubber

Friday -
    Spent time with Tim in practice re-routing my line in the bowl and into 1... thought practice was going well, until an amateur hero on the kawi monster replica decided to almost t-bone me 2 laps in a row to prove he could outbrake me, followed by him slamming the back of the bike at about a 20-30 mph speed differential (just prior to turn in) - sending me over the bars, scratching my (first time worn) arai helmet, destroying my bodywork (picture argyle massacre). I got hit by both bikes in the gravel, and ended up under some tires... had some bike building to do friday night...

Saturday -
    I had family and friends up to support me this weekend, body was pretty lumped up from the wreck, bike has been rettier, but working fine in practice.

Went out in my only race of the day (cancelled on the GT due to back/neck pains, hoping to back up my 2 16.XX laps from last weekend, I had a (recently typical) horrible out lap of 23.XX (bad starts just have me sitting in a courteous line), and Ran a slowest lap of 17.6, but didn't hit the 16's (closest was 17.105). The average laptime was 17.48 which bested last rounds average lap, with the 16's!

Sunday -
    Justin's back-to-back sandbagger 15.1's had me pumped up - and ready to back up those 16's finally... I practiced some starts after I saw Justin working on them in practice/warm-up... getting back to where I should be.

First race - got a great launch, ran a good race, came in 6th ahead of some quick guys...
    went to check the times - I ran an outlap of 20.0 (PB), ran 3 17's, 316's, and a 15.7X (pb)!!! was a great surprise, I started fitting into the groove after a decent start... was able to fight past tyler sweeney, while he kept some more guys from breathing down my neck.

Second race - on the first start, had a 19.5 outlap (PB) followed by a 15.8!! backed up the surprise 15's! On the restart, had a worse launch, ran a 19.9 outlap, and spent the race trying to find away around #103 (simon, on a gsxr1000) but he just pulled right away on all the straights, after I worked him in the corners... I was fatigued, and didn't hit any 15's on the restart, but all laps were in the 16's!!! (no more 17's ? )

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Kitt #53 weekend 7 15's!!

welcome to the 15's

but seriously

LRRS Expert #99
    08 R6

"why tip-toe through life to arrive safely at death?" Tony Campol

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Mike View Post
    To quote PK, I "went in too hot and ran out of talent".

Again, congrat man. You're looking smooth and going really well out there.

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2004
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

fast man, congrats

LRRS #399
    MX #505

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Again, congrat man. You're looking smooth and going really well out there.
    thanks, it'll be fun battling with you faster guys now... I was in a slump for sure... hoping to back up 15's and get my average laptime down even more.

Congrats again, Kitt!

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

Just Registered

Congrats Kitt!

If you can't Race it or take it to bed, it's not worth having..

thanks dudes - i'm pumped about nearing the "fast guys"

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Congrats again bud. 15's are no joke, my fast friend. Awesome. Thanks again for the help sunday, and it was fun chillin with you all weekend as well. Good times all around.

Very nice work dude. Hope you told that Kawi AM guy to fuck off.

Boston --> San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    +1

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69
    "Speed has a kind of affinity for me, it's the time God and I have our little talks."

To be fair, I dont think Kitt speaks French or whatever.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Thanks man, yea I was pretty fired up in the heat of the moment, was still screaming when martire came by T3 to pick up the kawi, and decided to later give eric a fill-in on angel cruz's pit-mate, and to keep an eye on him.. He didn't return to the track until saturday, and didn't race... Nor did he come over to say "sorry" or "lamento mucho lo que te sucedió"

4 things:

Congratulations, Kitt. I owe you a beer.

Bike #535 is a mucho hero doucho.

How much trouble do I get into if my truck accidentally ends up driving thru that garage....let's say in a drunken rage?

Remember your hockey picture?

Whaaaaa????

Original

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bergs View Post
    How much trouble do I get into if my truck accidentally ends up driving thru that garage....let's say in a drunken rage?
    That is the garage next to mine. We'll work out some sort of story, and round up plenty of eyewitnesses. They have not exactly been making friends anyway.

I had no idea that dude came back... and didn't even say sorry? Wow...

Last edited by "Dangerous" Dan K; 09-09-09 at 08:09 AM.

Just Registered The Crashing Tomato's Avatar

Congrats Kitt. remembered you at VIR and you were so humdrum about riding and racing ..... sounds like you got your faster going on

After the last race weekend put the bike away and lace up your skates fridays 10 - 12 for $20.

---------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by hammadown .....
    The rule is:
    If even Zip Tie Alley says, "no you shouldn't use a zip tie on that" you REALLLLLLY shouldn't use a zip tie on that! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post
    Thanks man, yea I was pretty fired up in the heat of the moment, was still screaming when martire came by T3 to pick up the kawi, and decided to later give eric a fill-in on angel cruz's pit-mate, and to keep an eye on him.. He didn't return to the track until saturday, and didn't race... Nor did he come over to say "sorry" or "lamento mucho lo que te sucedió"
    Fwiw, after your crash a couple people came up and told me that the "Kawi AM guy" has a sorted past up there ... lots of complaints of dangerous riding/crashing when he was in Novice and people calling for his suspension from racing for a period of time. The story goes that instead of suspending him or putting him on probation, they decided to bump him to Amatuer.

Also ... speaking of garages, does anyone know if "they" pay for the garages space they use? They spent a few weekends in Center 17 at the beginning of the season, then the two prior weeks they were over in the other section of the Center garages. It seems the guys who rent the garages in the other section of the Center garages were equally unhappy with this group. Now they are back in Center 17. What's the deal?

This past weekend we were picking up kids toys from our garage, pulling kids off our pit bikes, stopping kids from banging screw drivers against the sides of our trailers (actually that was at the beginning of the season) ... not to mention the encroachment of stuff from their garage into ours ... plus they were riding their bikes through our garage space to park in their garage. Just a complete lack of respect for others. Plus if that "Kawi AM guy" hi rev's his bike one more time in the garage ...

John
    CCS/LRRS Expert #69

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Fwiw, after your crash a couple people came up and told me that the "Kawi AM guy" has a sorted past up there ... lots of complaints of dangerous riding/crashing when he was in Novice and people calling for his suspension from racing for a period of time. The story goes that instead of suspending him or putting him on probation, they decided to bump him to Amatuer.

Also ... speaking of garages, does anyone know if "they" pay for the garages space they use? They spent a few weekends in Center 17 at the beginning of the season, then the two prior weeks they were over in the other section of the Center garages. It seems the guys who rent the garages in the other section of the Center garages were equally unhappy with this group. Now they are back in Center 17. What's the deal?

This past weekend we were picking up kids toys from our garage, pulling kids off our pit bikes, stopping kids from banging screw drivers against the sides of our trailers (actually that was at the beginning of the season) ... not to mention the encroachment of stuff from their garage into ours ... plus they were riding their bikes through our garage space to park in their garage. Just a complete lack of respect for others. Plus if that "Kawi AM guy" hi rev's his bike one more time in the garage ...
    wtf...I'll come by in Oct to say 'hi' to you guys on my crf and then point it toward them and rev it for 3 minutes

LRRS #399
    MX #505

The kids were also smashing bikes into trailers and running over Hibachi's.

I revved my EX at them, but I don't think anyone noticed...

WE'll let you borrow Mitchell next time he's up. His exhaust will learn em.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by "Dangerous" Dan K View Post
    I revved my EX at them, but I don't think anyone noticed...

Dan - I'm selling my "somewhat loud" hindle exhaust... can we fab it up to your EX?

The first race weekend fo the year, they were squatting in my garage and I ended up missing the first 2 practice sessions because they didn't understand the words "hey that's my garage" until wanda rolled up and layed the smack down.

p.s. "they" in my story - are the group of kamikaze riders - there are hispanic riders from ny at the track who are great sports... It sucks though, because now when I hear the language I cringe and wait for somebody to hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Butcher Bergs View Post
    Remember your hockey picture?

oops... I meant:

p.s.

Can one of the admins change the emoticons "axe" to "bergs"

Quote Originally Posted by Kitt View Post

Dan - I'm selling my "somewhat loud" hindle exhaust... can we fab it up to your EX?

The first race weekend fo the year, they were squatting in my garage and I ended up missing the first 2 practice sessions because they didn't understand the words "hey that's my garage" until wanda rolled up and layed the smack down.

p.s. "they" in my story - are the group of kamikaze riders - there are hispanic riders from ny at the track who are great sports... It sucks though, because now when I hear the language I cringe and wait for somebody to hit me.
    I don't know how the Hindle would fit, but I hear Tricky Mike can make anything work. I seriously almost bought a full stainless Muzzy exhaust for $200 this weekend, but was short on cash and I'd need a second set of carbs to go back and forth between Sat & Sunday in order to be jetted correctly for each class. It would be nice to be able to hear what my bike is doing on Sundays though, and even a 2HP increase would be 4%.

2 sessions? Damn, I would have started rolling their shit out of my way.

They set up shop directly next to me now. We've seen them do some very sketchy shit, including rifling through shit that isn't theirs in our garages. I could fill a page with shit they've done to irritate me over the past few weeks, but really, what's the point? They're no respect douchebags, that more or less sums it up.

These are the same guys that hopped on a teammates pit bike while he was talking to Mile's over at S&C. He was slowly moving it away while sitting on it. My teammate confronted him but he didn't speak english. Another one of his buddies said, "Oh, sorry, he didn't know....he doesn't speak english."

These guys sound shady as fuck.

John

04 KTM 125SX
    05 CBR600RR
    07 KTM 250XC-W

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast