Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Loudon Classic 151 Racing

Loudon Classic 151 Racing

Cliffs 2x3rds and one win, AMA Supermoto was awesome. PB's on both bikes by a second.

This was a killer weekend. I'll keep it short and sweet.

I got to the track way early for me, at about 12 on Thursday. There was a possibility that I was going to buy/ trade for a new to me bike so I wanted practice on it. That fell through, but it was nice to have plenty of time to unpack and hang out with my track friends. The weekend was going to be long so I didn't bother practicing on Thursday.

Friday comes and I get ready for GTL. This race kicked my ass. I can't seem to train right for it. I get joint fatigue that kills my race craft. Maybe more warmup or stretching the day of the race is in order. It wasn't a great performance, but it did warm me up for the weekend. After that was super singles. It was another mediocre performance. I was playing it too safe thinking of the long weekend to come. My big event of the weekend, the AMA supermoto event had practice on Friday. I made the mistake of not bringing my dirt helmet, and ti was HOT with a full face in practice. Luckily my wife drove up to deliver it on Saturday for the race. I got 4th in practice times and I was happy and excited for the race to come.

Saturday brought LWSS and the AMA event. I started to get back in the groove on the SV and on the podium. I don't know why it's taking so long to get back to speed on the SV when I could go right to it on my motard from the first round. Anyway, I was happy to be on the podium and looking forward to AMA in the evening. We had one warmup then qualifying then the race. I qualified 4th and felt good about the race. When it came I got a little bit of a slow start, then someone fell in the dirt in front of me and I lot the front pack. I settled into some slow consistent riding and then something happened. I saw someone in the pits giving the rider that was riding away in front of me some hand signals. It seemed to me that it was saying that he had tons of room behind him. Maybe it was in my head and maybe it wasn't but, I turned it up and got by him. The leader crashed and i found myself finishing 4th, where I qualified. I didn't fall or stall and got lap times the same as the second and third place finishers in the end. Turning it on there seemed like a turning point for me for the weekend. It wasn't going bad earlier, but I wasn't pushing myself or riding at a level I was capable of. Anyway, the course was great, the riding was so fun, and I can't wait until they are back next year. Everyone should try it if you can!
    Check the Video!!

Sunday was fund and I started pushing again. I got back to 21's and 5th place finish starting from the back of the pack. Motard was next and it's one of my favorites. I got third, Sergio won, riding his tail off and I couldn't quite get by 906 for second place. I did get a PB of 1:22.0 on the Motard which was a second faster than my previous. Awesome! ULSB was last. I felt good at the end of the weekend and historically I do well in this race for some unknown reason. I had a decent gridding from running the race all year and went into t1 in 5th. I caught 298 and 514 Noel together on the outside in 11. After that I put my head down and caught 696 Larry and went around him in 11. 2 more laps riding hard and I caught the unbeatable new AM Shawn 572. I went around the outside of him in 11 (see a pattern here?) for first place and they waved the flag for us on the 7th lap because apparently Rick was on our tails about to lap us. It's probably for the best because it looked like he would haven taken me back on the straight. After the race I found that my 3 open laps were in the 1:20.X's. So I had a new PB by about a second. It was a great way to wrap up the weekend.

I can't thank my team, and my wife enough. The AMSOil garage is very competitive with motards, and we are all better for it. Peter Kates @ Computrack Boston has both of my bikes setup perfectly. The Motard handled the jumps and then road racing. IBEW L.U. 104 is helping me on and off the track. Thanks for the support! Woodcraft CFM maked the best controls and warmers in the business. Hopefully next round my Armour Bodies fairings will finally be painted and looking as good as they deserve to.

Loudon Classic 151 Racing-img_0898-jpg

Loudon Classic 151 Racing-img_8460-jpg

Loudon Classic 151 Racing-img_5763-jpg

Results:

AMA Amatuer Nations Supermoto 4th Place. 2:20.xx Laps
    GTL 6th / 18
    Super Singles 4th
    LWSS 3rd /15
    LWGP 5th / 15
    Motard 3rd
    ULSB 1st

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: Loudon Classic 151 Racing

I knew you before you were a winner. Awesome job JC!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Thanks man! I hope I can keep the bike up and times down.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Lifer

'Grats on kicking ass. You're an animal and we love you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by maxim_X View Post
    Anyway, the course was great, the riding was so fun, and I can't wait until they are back next year. Everyone should try it if you can!
    I agree with this 110%.

Thanks for the tip on blocking in turn 11! Great job this weekend dude!
    What's that? You want everyone to send you celebration pizza to keep that power to weight ratio just right?

I was thinking about sharing that info. In the end I figure if you want to run the block line on that turn you would only give up the faster inside. That is probably my strongest area of the track. Anyway I'll have a quicky-shifter for next round and maybe even a slippy clutch, bring on the pizza

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube