Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Low Down Racing #68

Low Down Racing #68

It was great to get the first weekend in the books! There were good times despite the temps, as the LRRS community is always hearty and ready to meet any challenge the weather may bring.
    I arrived Friday morning and after renewing my seasonal storage for the camper and paying for the seasons camping decided that racer practice was not in the budget this round. Luckily, I did get a ton of track time with Tonys Track Days at Thompson last weekend and GMD Computrack Boston and Peter Kates helped me get the motard feeling right with the boingers. Hung out most of the day and had Mike Kurtz hook me up with a fresh Pirelli rain tire. Friday night was even able to get a few good cribbage games in with Kristen and have a glass of wine. It is good to be home.
    Saturday is motard day and practice was pretty congested. Fought to get some clear track and get used bike that has been a problem child since I bought it. Not much head way there, but the bike was running great.
    SuperSingles
    Not very eventful race for me, didn't get a good start and found my self in the back and cruising around. It was good to get some clean laps but didn't have the pace I wanted or needed. I recognized the areas that I was being overly conservative and confident I can work on them. Just need to keep getting the time. Finished 7th with a laptime in the 1:23s. I have some work to do.
    ULSB
    Well I wasn't feeling this from the start as the stock SVs entered the fray. I was just hoping to stay out of the way when they moved through the field. On pit out, the clutch was not engaging quite right and was hoping that I could even get a decent enough launch to not get run over. After a little slip in turn 3 and a huge slide in 6 on the out lap the suspense was ended for me. Rode out of the line around to pit in and found that bike was leaking oil in the clutch slave and stator cover area. I guess we have some more work to do for next race weekend.
    Saturday night shenanigans and then
    Sunday practice
    Sunday is Hawk day and practice is like slipping on a pair of old shoes. The Hawk has been my race bike since I started my first full season in 2010 and is always a blast to ride. There was only one practice on Sunday to shake the winter rust off but had some fun and reacquainted myself with the old girl. Her days may be numbered, so we will enjoy them fully. Times are slow in the cold but it is April, so I will forgive myself.
    ULGP
    A very disappointing two other bikes in this class and a wet and rainy track left me less than excited. At least the steady rain made the tire decision easy. I managed to be the first expert to turn one at the start and then spend the rest of the race looking in the rear view mirror. Track was slippery in the cold and wet so I just wanted to finish. I have never been so happy to be passed by the previous wave heading to my white flag. I get through turn 12 over the start to finish first. Laps in the 1:39s but stayed upright.
    Great job by all the staff at NHMS this weekend. There were some new things going on that made the weekend even better, and braving conditions on Sunday was greatly appreciated!
    I would like to thank Woodcraft Technologies, Computrack Boston, MotoSport and Tonys Track Days for all the help. Thanks for letting be a part of the team and supporting this great sport. As all ways, thanks to my team mates at Low Down Racing for being there for me and a special thanks to my family Kristen and Elise for being a part of this, it would not want to do it without you.
    Three weeks until Round 2, and I cant wait. Hope to see you there!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS #68
    2016 Husky FS450
    Huge thanks for all the support from MotoSport

Re: Low Down Racing #68

I miss your face.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Re: Low Down Racing #68

It was fun chasing you down in the rain on Sunday!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"