Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

LRRS: AM 331 race report

LRRS: AM 331 race report

first weekend as an amateur and I was pretty excited.

Saturday
    MWSB
    Greenwood didn't wave when he passed me granted it was at the apex of 10 so not a good spot to take a hand off the bar. getting passed was the fun part of this race.
    finished 13 of 16. can't complain its not last which was my goal.

HWSS
    Nothing to special here, passed some of the older amateurs so I was happy with that.
    finished 9 of 12

MWGP
    Lap 5 I catch up to #531 Leo Pichardo and think I have another spot cause I passed him pretty easily in HWSS. He was having none of it and made the next 3 laps difficult. I tried a few times to make the pass but couldn't. We were within a few thousands of a second of each other those laps. One time in turn 3 he parked it so bad I had to chop the throttle to avoid rear ending him. Now I know where I should make the move. Last lap coming into 3 I'm behind him and take the inside and make the pass. I pulled a 3 second gap to the line from there. Guess I really shoulda got by earlier. That was a lot of fun though.
    Finished 8 of 14

Sunday
    GTU
    a few laps in I catch up to #471 Kevin Frost and we procede to have a dog fight till the end. Swapped spots a couple times. Second to last lap I needed to make a pass and make it stick. I forget where I got him, might have been 1. Cross the line ahead of him. Turns out neither of us had to go so hard because he was in GTO.
    finished 3rd out of 5.

MWSS
    Clouds are looking ominous so we're all itching for them to get to the corner workers quickly so we can get out there. Get to the grid and it starts to rain so we al go back in. Scramble to get the wheels swapped and then the lightning gave us plenty of extra time. head out there and its stopped raining but its all wet. Not a huge fan of racing in the rain from the 2 previous races I've done in it but I have the rain tires and I've already spent the entry fee so I'm going. Whole bunch less guys on the grid now than there were when it was dry. only 5 of us there. Away we go. catch up to #290 Seth Robinson after a couple laps and had some fun with that fight. He was much better on corner exit but I was much better mid corner. So this was gonna take some planning. I was right on his ass out of 12 and I knew if I could get a good drive and stay right there with him that I could take him in 1 but the damn red flag ruined my plan. Oh well, I very much enjoyed this race so its all good. put down a best of 1:31.759 which I'm very happy with.
    finished 3rd of 5.

didn't set a personal best this round. came within .2 seconds of it and did a bunch of 21s so the times averaged better than before.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by CBR929RE; 08-22-11 at 12:31 AM.

Re: LRRS: AM 331 race report

sweet! good job out there ya looked smooth!

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

+1. Looking good out there.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

What they said.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Congrats on surviving your first AM weekend! Good times for sure and yeah, smooth is the key!

On a side note I always loved dicing with people to find out that we werent even in the same race :-p

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    Congrats on surviving your first AM weekend! Good times for sure and yeah, smooth is the key!

On a side note I always loved dicing with people to find out that we werent even in the same race :-p
    I guess I did survive rubbing my tires on the wall on the straight. I was trying to go around someone on the right so I didn't wanna get off the gas but the bike just kept drifting over even as I pushed on the bar. I hit and was like "I think I just rode on the wall" kinda funny but a little scary too. Also took a little ride over the grass in 12. I heard and saw Brett Guyer coming around me on the right side in 11 so I stayed a little wide so as not to push him into the grass on the right side of 12. but I screwed myself and had to cut the grass on the left of 12a. bonehead move there but 2 Bretts cannot collide.

I take the smooth comments I've been getting a lot lately as some of the biggest compliments I can get.

I did it in novice a couple times too. I just try to beat everyone on track (well at least the guys with yellow plates now), its easier than figuring out and remembering who is in my race

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I guess I did survive rubbing my tires on the wall on the straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    I stayed a little wide so as not to push him into the grass on the right side of 12. but I screwed myself and had to cut the grass on the left of 12a.
    I made the "stay wide" mistake in T1 this round, and cut the 12a grass last round. Stop copying my mistakes!

'02 SV650 street|woods|race LRRS #128

Good work out there.

~that which doth not kill me can only make me stronger~

LRRS / CCS - #103