Saturday Race 2 GTL
Gridded 3D, mediocre start. Don't remember anything really, but had fun with a fair amount of passing back and forth. A TON of laps in the 20s and 21s. Finished 7th of 19, best lap of 1:19.711, outlap of 1:24.57.

Sunday was as we've been experiencing at Loudon on most Sundays this year - on and off rain. Went out on DOTs in wet practice just to work on starts, and switched to rains right after. By the time Race 2 came around, a line was dry, and people on rains were shagging them. Off come the rains, on go the DOTs. Slightly worried since my rear was slipping during GTL yesterday.

Race 4 LWSB
I decided to swap LWGP for SuperBike, since it at least rules out some of the bigger built bikes. Gridded 5A...ugh! Got a pretty good start considering I was in the 5th row, but missed 2nd gear, so there were still more than a handful of bikes ahead of me exiting T2. Stuck with ECK's #49 Steve Heider for a few laps, who then got around Sam Greenwood and RSP teammate #508 Savvas Kosmidis. I continued chasing these guys, reeling in and losing on the straights. Eventually Sam made a pass, so I finished behind #508 in 9th of 19, with a dismal best lap of 1:20.601 and outlap of 1:26.513.

Race 9 LWSS
This is the only one that matters to me this season. During race 7, I learn that Sam Greenwood did an 18.4 during LWSB...which messes with my head for the next 20 minutes. I need to keep Sam behind me at the checkered if I'm going to stay in the points race for 3rd overall...and he's just gone .2 seconds faster than I ever have. Gridded 1D again, the lights go off and get an almost-great start. I cut off T1 from Heider, leaving me behind The Great Goatee, ECK's #82 Pete Gaboriault. I'm only 3 lengths behind Pete for the entire outlap. Heider gets me on the brakes in the T3 chute...I really need to get the sand out there. Then #1 Rick Doucette gets me through T5, and enters T6 about 30mph faster than me =( I chase the three of them for a while, but they slowly pull away lap after lap. Eventually, Sam Greenwood passes me, I think on the brakes into T3 (!!!) around lap 5 or 6. I knew it would happen, as it did last round, based on his performance earlier in the day. I reel Sam in at every corner, but his built motor pulls away from me on the straights. On Lap 7, I set a new PB of 1:18.637 (besting the prior by 21 thousanths)...and I just *know* I can get him on the final lap. Going to have to be a drag race to the checkered, as I'm closest to him in the back chicane. As I set up for T11, I notice that I have VERY labored breathing - OK Bill, try to calm down and make this work. Heading through T12, set up for T12a, and get on the gas too quickly before the chassis could settle down after the new-for-2015 divot at the apex. Lost the rear in a lowside, with me and the bike stopping right on the race line. Red flag ended the race. Finished last of 12, best lap of 1:18.637, outlap of 1:21.464.

Sorry for those behind me who might've also been setting up a last lap pass in LWSS. Damage assessment is: new forks, maybe new axle, maybe new rotors, some rearset parts, frame slider. Cosmetically, the bike faired very well. I hit my pretty helmet, but only on the rear spoiler, so no real impact to the shell itself. Expensive mistake. All hope is not lost for the year though...just need to rebuild, and capitalize on where I can still make up some time in August.

A huge thank you to my RSP Racing teammates for all of the support and camaraderie, as well as that from their families and our friends...also to our awesome sponsors who help us do these crazy things: Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / 434 Racer Parts / Mad Monkey Motorsports / GMD CompuTrack.