Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Mustang - RSP Racing #47, LRRS Round 5 2015

Mustang - RSP Racing #47, LRRS Round 5 2015

$1300+ dollars since the last race weekend in cost to rebuilt since my Rd 4 LWSS lowside. What's another $135 for Friday practice (plus a day off work + full day of gas and tire wear)? Spent Friday sweating my cohones off with some of the best garagemates around, and trying to work on a new technique through the front chicane courtesy of the vast knowledge of #29. Knowing and doing are two vastly different things though, and I wasn't fully able to master the new skills.

Saturday Race 2 GTL
    Gridded 3A - three spots better than last round, but still on the inside. Got a decent start, but still in traffic. Don't remember much again, except getting spent around the 20min mark due to the intense heat and exhaustion from the prior day. A TON of laps in the 21s and 22s...basically a second behind last rounds' laps. Finished a regretful 13th of 25, best lap of 1:20.653, outlap of 1:24.289.

Sunday
    Race 4 LWSB
    Gridded 4C...not terrible for my second round in LWSB, considering 25 entries. Again, don't remember much since it's been a full day already Do remember #204 Rick Petrolia making a clean pass inside me at the end of the straight, only to stand his bike up before entering the turn, which cause me to bail on the turn and take NASCAR T1...thanks a lot. Finished another unlucky 13th of 24, with a dismal best lap of 1:20.825 and outlap of 1:25.581.

Race 9 LWSS
    Again, this was to be *my* race this season...until Greenwood got fast, and Jesse Sandoz came back. Gridded a wonderful 1C, I entered T1 in fourth behind Ricky, Jesse (starting from Row 3!), and Heider. Kept this spot and kept with that crew for nearly two laps, shutting Greenwood down in T6 (IIRC) on lap 2. He eventually put a very close, but good, inside pass on me entering T1 on the next lap...then Heider got me on the brakes in T3 (every freaking race this year). #215 Sam Witham passed me in T3 on the brakes the lap before Heider too...don't know what's happened to me in that corner, but very frustrating. Witham crashed out in T6, putting me in a lonely 5th place for most of the race. Finished 5th of 11, best lap of 1:20.185, outlap of 1:23.831.

A huge thank you to my RSP Racing teammates for all of the support and camaraderie, as well as that from their families and our friends...also to our awesome sponsors who help us do these crazy things: Tony's Track Days / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Dyno Solutions / Sport Bike Track Gear / Knox / Brunetto T-Shirts / 434 Racer Parts / Mad Monkey Motorsports / GMD CompuTrack.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Mustang; 08-17-15 at 09:38 PM.
    Bill Cool --- NEMRR EX #8 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Re: Mustang - RSP Racing #47, LRRS Round 5 2015

1:12 best lap in SS and you finished 5th? Damn the LW grids are getting stupidly competitive

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!