Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NOV #110 : LRRS5 Race Report

Red face NOV #110 : LRRS5 Race Report

LRRS#5 weekend turned out to better than I would have ever expected. I was packed and out of Boston on Th night around 9pm. The GTI was towing a trailer with 2 bikes + car fully packed and rain tires strapped to the trailer. Got at the track around 11pm , quickly unloaded the bikes and the basic stuff that I needed on Friday morning and I headed back to Red Roof for a good night sleep.

Friday: Woke up around 6.30 am, headed up to the track where I was registered for Eric’s Advance class. Also, I purchased a QStarz GPS timer to see my speeds/breaking points and lines and to analyze the data in order to figure out what am I doing right and what am I not… Eric Wood game me some great pointers regarding my body position and that managed to do 1.28.0 (previous PB was 1.29.2 in a race) during Friday Practice… Eric: there are no words for me to describe how grateful I am for that feedback that you gave me …

Saturday: I had 2 races on Saturday. I made it to both practices, but both felt really really short and we also had a red flag in one of them.

Race 7: NOV Formula 2
    I had a pretty bad start. Got in T1 on the 13th position out of 19. Ended up passing 1 bike per lap for 3 laps and managed to get 9th out of 18 with a new PB of 1.27.0

Race 10: Novice Formula 3
    This was a little sketchy race. We had 2 red flags, the 2nd red flag was (I think) before the middle of the race when I was right behind #604 (he was leading the race) and the officials decided to finish the race. The cause of both red flags was in T4-T5, same spot one high side that looked bad and another (I think) high side. Though I completed only 4 laps, managed a new PB of 1.26.9

Sunday: I had 3 races and there were some ASRA events going on between 1.30 and 3ish. On Sat night I looked on the GPS Data and saw what were the main factors that helped me improve my time. Also Brian gave me more pointers on the breaking into T1 that helped me brake later … Thank you Brian! We had only 1 practice where I managed to test some newer approaches and got a 1.27.0. Knew it was going to be a great day.

Race 1: NOV Rookie 2
    Had a great start, got the 3rd in T1, put my head down and raced as fast as I could. All what I cared for was to go FAST .. got a new PB 1.26.488; outplap 1.31.8 and all the laps were 1.27.xxx . I was very happy with the consistency and that I managed a PB and for the 1st time I got on the podium of a 2 race.

Race 3: Novice Rookie 3
    This was probably by far one of the best races I had ever done. I was in the zone from Race 1, felt great. I had 3 goals for this race: do a new PB and get 1.26s consistent and get 1st place from #604 – what I did not manage to get on Sat. Had an ok start, #604 and #976 got ahead of me in T1 and #604 was pulling away FAST .. in T3, #976 breaks more and sooner than I expected and I went on the outside of T4/T5 trying to pass him but managed to get him on the breaks of T6…. Now for the next 2 laps I was chasing #604 … I went faster and dragged more knee (and sometimes boots) that I had ever thought would be possible but I knew that I will be able to pass #604 (he kept looking behind for 2-3 laps to see where I was) … In Lap 5 I managed to get him on the brakes on T1 and kept going faster and faster without looking back. When I got in the pits … I saw that I got a new PB 1.25.8 and consistent 1.26s … This was such a great and clean race! No flags .. just pure racing.
    Best Lap: 1.25.895 ; Outlap: 1.31.7

Race: 8 Novice Starter 3
    This race was approx. 5-6h after the Race 3 due to ASRA events. I just wanted to complete the weekend without crashes. We were only 3 bikes in this race and I rode pretty conservative, got consistent 1.27s and won this one too.

As I mentioned in the beginning of the report, this weekend turned out better than expected. I managed consistent 1.26s with a 1.25 lap. I would like to thank Eric Wood for all his advice/guidance, Penguin Racing School, WoodCraft, Armor Bodies my awesome teammates Brian, Mike and Roland, Dunlop, Yoshimura, DP Brakes, Lucas Oil.

See you all in 11 days,
    Dan

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DanRo; 08-18-14 at 04:03 PM.
    LRRS AM #110 '02 SV650s
    Racing for: Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Sponsors: Woodcraft CFM, Armorbodies, Yoshimura, DP Brakes, Lucas Oil.

Re: NOV #110 : LRRS5 Race Report

Yeah, Formula 3 was a weird race. Both red flags I think were on the same spot after T3 going up the hill; I hope those 2 rides are both ok. I had a feeling they are going to call it on the 2nd red flag as we already pass the 1/2 way mark and all the restarts were eating up a lot of time. Just glad I got a good start on both the start and the restart.

Had another great start in Rookie 3 and pull away from the pack, Dan eventually caught up as he cranks out a few 25's; Can't say I didn't try as I did my PB on that race.

So good job Dan, it was some great racing and I really enjoyed it!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yeah, Formula 3 was a weird race. Both red flags I think were on the same spot after T3 going up the hill; I hope those 2 rides are both ok. I had a feeling they are going to call it on the 2nd red flag as we already pass the 1/2 way mark and all the restarts were eating up a lot of time. Just glad I got a good start on both the start and the restart.
    yeah .. you are right .. 2nd red came in the 4th lap and I think we were only supposed to do 6 due to the 1st red.
    The 1st rider who highsided has a cracked vertebra on his back ... hope he will heal fast.

LRRS AM #110 '02 SV650s
    Racing for: Boston Tier 1 Racing
    Sponsors: Woodcraft CFM, Armorbodies, Yoshimura, DP Brakes, Lucas Oil.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Way to go Dan. Dont let the sketchiness get to you. Focus past it and keep improving those times!

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Looked good out there buddy...

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt