Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NOV 151 Rookie Race Report

NOV 151 Rookie Race Report

The weekend started Thursday night with getting to the track for penguins Friday Basic school. I was hoping to get tires in the evening, but the tire guys were done by the time I got there. The stress of the weekend started to build when I missed half the first session getting a new front tire. The class is time consuming and a little boring if your familiar with the track. It started to sprinkle duding the second session and I went down in three, riding like it wasn't wet on dunlops. That caused me to miss the third session putting the bike back together. I slapped the rains on for the rest of practice and it went well. The licensing took until about 830 then then I had to move my bike to the rookie novice garage. At 11:00p I found out it wasn't the rookie garage and was booted to I had to move my stuff. I put it by the door but in an empty garage and expected to be kicked out of that in the morning. The guys were cool and let me stay for the weekend, but the other rookies were outa luck. There is some kinda miss-communication going on with that. Anyway the rain ended early on saturday but delayed practice so I had plenty of time to tech my bike, then when I got out and practice was dry.

Anyway, into the meat and sweet potatoes. The rookie race was fun, I ran away at the start and didn't look back. I caught the 600 wave before the end of the first lap and worked my way through that until the checkered waved.

Race 7 Novice Formula 3. I got the whole shot and let the race picking off the 600's kinda like the rookie race.

Race 10 Novice formula 2. This one was against the 600's so I was a little out gunned. I made it into turn one I think 14th. I passed a few and finished the first lap in 12th and made my way up to 7th by the end of the race. Turn 1 was cray, 600's are tough to pass, but I was playing around with a motard most of the race.

End of day 1. I'm confident, happy and ready and anxious for the next day.

Day 2 practice is good. First practice was a bit cold so I took it easy for 29's then brought it up to 27s for second practice.

Race 4 Novice starter 3. I had high hopes for this race. I planned to dice it up with 345 and try and make some 25s for lap times. I got second on the whole shot and had 829 in my sights. He rode a funny line through 2 and braked late into three, I assume so he wouldn't get passed, anyway it killed his drive towards 6 where I passed him over the hill into first. That's when HE TOOK ME THE FUCK OUT. Watch the video. It was suggested from riders behind me that he tried to come back behind and under me for 6 but I just think he is a crazy asshole who rides like shit. It made me not want to continue and I'm still wondering if I will race again after such bullshit.

The video isn't edited yet. Possibly nsfw because of my angered post crash language. I'll try to shorten it tomorrow.

I miss race 9 putting my bike back together. It was gonna be against the 600's again.

Race 11 Novice rookie three. It got red flagged a couple of times for I don't know what. 829 got the holeshot both starts with me in second. I passed him into the bowl on the inside again on the second lap, but luckily he didn't punish me for it and slam my rear wheel again. Maybe if he was more concerned with riding instead of winning he wouldn't get passed. Anyway I got caught up in some of the amateurs traffic and both 829 and 345 got by me. They duked it out for first cutting through the amateurs and lapper novices with me on their tail. I was a little gun-shy about getting taken the fuck out again so I hung back and finished third. But, 345 won so I was happy about that.

A lot of people helped me out this weekend and it was full of highs and lows. I really appreciate the help and the racing was fun, but I can't get over the bullshit grossness that went on. I know I'm not the only one who gets the bad end of a dirty move, and it scares me that I may be on the other side sometime and hurt someone, maybe even more than getting taken out again. In writing this I'm obviously still a little pissed off at what went down and maybe that will cool down and I''l want to do it again, but I feel right now that was probably my first and last lrrs weekend.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by maxim_X; 05-19-14 at 04:03 PM.
    LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Re: NOV 151 Rookie Race Report

just relax and remember you're ok. this is the stuff you just gotta shake off and forget about. things happen and hopefully you get out of novice quick enough where it's less likely to happen.

to put it into perspective I got hit once and nearly taken out another time this weekend. the hit I wasn't even mad about, total accident. the other one pissed me off cause I really think he moved over on me on purpose.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Different. Thanks for the report very much. I hope to read more of them.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I'm glad I saw you. I'm glad you are racing. Make the classic you will love it

Check your times you might bump and be an AM already.

Put the bs behind and have fun. Racing is awesome. Find a garage it makes a huge difference.

You rocked the SV!

Great job! I hear you were cleaning up Saturday. You were never that upset when you viciously crashed yourself out in the past You'll be an AM next round (likely) and the bonehead mistakes will be less frequent. Shake it off and come back to write another most awesome race report for the Classic!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    just relax and remember you're ok. this is the stuff you just gotta shake off and forget about. things happen and hopefully you get out of novice quick enough where it's less likely to happen.

to put it into perspective I got hit once and nearly taken out another time this weekend. the hit I wasn't even mad about, total accident. the other one pissed me off cause I really think he moved over on me on purpose.

CCS #31

It was nice to meet you this weekend. You were really flying. Sorry about the off, when you walked over I just assumed you won that race. Glad you are ok.

Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

Video will be good for a laugh once you calm down.
    Obviously you were by the rider, and nobody can begin to figure out EXACTLY why it happened. You find the other cat and ask him/her wtf?
    It's true less BONEHEADED shit happens as you move up, but I was taken the fuck out as well, late in my short career.
    I'd suggest not writing it off yet.

Lifer

That blows. One of my biggest reservations about ever racing.

I'm glad you are physically alright.

You looked good on Saturday. And I was pumped to see you out there.

NOV 151 Rookie Race Report-10305600_10152875339017576_4560701674821573658_n-jpg

Nice start!!!!

Patch that shit up and get back out there for the Classic!!!

Shit happens at the novice level. Most of us have had bad experiences there. I got my bars taken out from me once in novice practice when there was like 4 of us on track. You're all learning and you all do stupid things. Get faster and move up the racing gets better and more fun.

James

I wonder if its the same meat head that bashed me on the inside in turn one pushing me into another bike (somehow we all stayed upright). He never let off and continued to bash his way through every pack. I'm suprised he wasn't pulled off the track by officials! It was by far the most dangerous racing I've witnessed because the guy had no regard for safety. I wasn't willing to try to catch him to check his race number and I didn't want to be too close if he did take a bunch of guys out!

Based only on body position and the way the incident looked on the video, 5 bucks says the guy who took you out is a recent convert from motocross.

Last edited by Imbeek; 05-19-14 at 09:04 AM.

Sorry about your off. I was one of the corner workers that helped pick you up. I watched it happen, but when you asked about it, it was one of those moments that it was tough to remember exactly who hit who and what happened. The video makes it pretty clear though. All I remember is thinking, shit this isn't going to end well. Glad nobody got hurt from that and you were able to patch it up and get back out there. Keep at it man.

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

If you are choosing to race you are choosing to put yourself in a position to be taken out like that. No one blames Rossi or Edwards for what happened to Marco Simmocelli a few years ago after all.

Clearly you were ahead of him and he did in fact take you out but this kind of thing happens in racing. You could have been really hurt- glad to see you werent.

Watching the expert race #2 yesterday those guys know how to ride. I would imagine your event would be far less likely with more experienced racers.

Last edited by Lxpony; 05-19-14 at 09:51 AM.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

I watched race 7. You were looking good. Nice and relaxed. Just need to settle down a little more. Smooth = fast.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Sup man Sorry about the off but im glad you were able to get the bike back together in time for Race 11. that was a ton of fun goin head to head with you guys like that! you you have video from 11?? id love to see that.

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

You're welcome in our garage, I'm the guy on the motard. You were ripping man - had fun dicing with you!

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Awesome that you got out there.
    Sucks that the dude did you dirty.
    Informative to get this perspective on novice racing.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Hard to say what happened in the T6 crash. You held a pretty straight line going in. Maybe you got onto the brakes harder than he did and he ran into you. He's on the outside as you're going down. You'd have to see it from his point of view to see the whole picture.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Thanks for all the support! It means a lot! As far as the risks of racing are concerned, I had an idea what I signed up for. But, I didn't think for one second that I would get taken out in revenge for a pass. Maybe it was a mistake? but, personally I think the rider was out there with big balls and no good idea what he was doing. I did end up talking AT the rider more than too him. At the time I did't care what he had to say. There is nothing that can be done about it, there will be more shit like this where ego is coming into play. We all want to win, but in no situation will I knowingly push to a point where I may crash by riding over my head or make any questionable passes that would cause someone else to have an incident. I mean for fucks sake that pass was TTD approved straight up and down. Anyway I'm rambling. I don't know about bumping to AM I didn't run quicker than 26.2. I think I got a bit more in me, but not while fighting through traffic, and that open track situation didn't present itself this weekend.

I'm really seeing the advantage of having a team to watch you back and help out. The support from strangers was great so hanging with people you know and count on would be even better.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

again.. find a garage. come back for the classic. offer to pit crew for the endurance race. this will make you love it even more.
    it is sooo much fun

Nothing like having a group of pals in garage to come back to after the race!!!

Racing etiquette says he should have come and found you to apologize for running into you....
    I'm sure this would have gone some way to defuse the situation....

Graham
    "If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee — that will do them in"

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Take whatever frustrations you have and apply it to your skills and totally obliterate them with you lap times.

I was involved with a take out in T11 for the lead. Let’s just say no one has EVER seen me like that! The rider did come by to apologize unfortunately i did not want to have anything to do with them. They even offered $ for repairs. The $ was place in my trailer by the rider as I did not want to accept it. In turn I gave the $ to the injured riders find. We have got along after some time and I cooled down.

In the end I won the championship. I got even!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast