Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NOV #345 Round 5 report

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

NOV #345 Round 5 report

for those who dont know this was my first weekend on an SV after picking one up and having been racing an EX500 all season.

Friday

I opted to go to Penguin practice to get some seat time on the bike and I am real glad that I did because in the first session of the day the bike felt horrible under me and I came in after 2 laps. I missed the next session while GMD tweaked my suspension for me. the third session felt exponentially better until the 4th lap or so when my throttle went slack coming out of turn 3. i managed to get the bike to the ambulance station between 4&9 to wait out the rest of the session and found that the throttle cable had come off at the carb end. while the bike was opened up for that issue i also ripped out the rear shock and handed it of to GMD for a rebuild. I managed to make it out for the last session of the day to finally link some laps together and felt great. all in all im really glad that I worked out the kinks before racing started on sat.

Sat Race 6 Formula 3

after a restart due to a crash off the start from the first wave i got a pretty decent start coming out of T2 in 2nd or 3rd not sure cuz i was just amazed with the start that i got and that i didnt have to fight thru traffic for once. i came across the line after the first lap in 2nd and made a pass for first somewhere in Lap 2 even more amazed cuz i was leading for the first time of my career. I managed to hang onto the lead until i crossed the line to start lap 7 with a red flag showing when someone from wave 1 crashed out in T2 and the bike was on the line. First Career win. even if it was a novice win ill take it

Sat Race 9 Formula 4

Got a clean start and went into T1 in 4th and managed to squeeze my way into second by the end of the first lap. Lap 2 i was hanging onto the leader and got an awesome drive out of 6 and managed to show him a wheel and squeeze thru the inside of 7 for the pass. at the end of lap 4 i got a bad drive out of T12 and he passed me back. I chased him down and hung on but while braking late and going wide to set up for another pass for the lead and to get by lap traffic into T1 at the start of Lap 6 I hit the bump and washed the front end out and went for a slide into the grass. it took a good deal of time to get the bike back together and ready for sunday but with some fiberglass work, some borrowed shifter parts and some ingenious work on repairing a broken fairing stay and help from a bunch of fellow racers it was able to be gotten done.

Sun Race 3 Starter 4

I woke up Sun Morning tired and worn out from working on the bike Fri and Sat and just wanted to get out there and not push it too hard. Managed 2nd place.

Sun Race 10 Rookie 4

After a long wait almost unbearable wait between races it was time for the last one of the weekend. I managed to get an early lead and led the entire race. managed to pass some Am lap traffic between T10 & 11 but an iffy drive again out of T12 allowed one of the AMs to catch up at the end of the front straight. He passed me on the outside but immediately made his preturn off the wall and clipped my front wheel with his rear and miraculously we both managed to stay up. he pulled far to the inside of T1 and slowed down to let me keep on my run to the finish.

all in all a very successful weekend for me even with the crash. a new PB of 1:25.1 and watching my email for a possible bump to AM. Huge thanks to John Linn (Trouble), Pete (Oreo), Mike Weyant for his help and guidance, Mike Kurtz and MTAG for a brand new set of Pirellis, my garage mates and their friends for their help with the Fiberglass repairs and everyone else who provided help and parts to get me back on the track

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Re: NOV #345 Round 5 report

Nice job out there this weekend, I look forward to your yellow plates giving me hell in GTL, LWGP and LWSB.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Way to come back from a long night of wrenching! I'm glad to see you got both your bike and your head back together and on track! Well played!

If you haven't sent Wanda the bump request that's your best bet. Don't wait for them to notice. Be proactive!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Good job man, next round lets not have a party in turn one LOL

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Ducati/MV Agusta/Kawasaki/Beta
    Boston Tier 1 Racing/ Fishtail Instructor
    DP Brakes Northeast Road Racing Representative

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

You were looking solid from where we were at in turn 1, dropping lap times quickly!!!

"Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

Quote Originally Posted by theducman View Post
    Good job man, next round lets not have a party in turn one LOL
    It was nice to have some company stop by, but that was the wrong way to do it. (I was working T1 on Sat).

It was good to see you back out there Sunday, and you could tell the SV gave you a lot more confidence than the EX did.

Brian, I'm looking forward to seeing you next round in the AM wave! I saw your lawn job in T1 and felt bad, I know what that's like. Great bunch of people that helped you out, they were there for me in similar circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    If you haven't sent Wanda the bump request that's your best bet. Don't wait for them to notice. Be proactive!
    Hypocrite.
    Keep on truckin!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by carsick; 08-19-13 at 03:49 PM. Reason: humorous context/ forgot to mention the OP
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Thanks everyone for the encouragement. without all of you this entire sport/hobby/money pit whatever you wanna call it wouldnt be anything worth doing. looking forward to seeing everyone again at round 6!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

You kept getting faster because you'd drop weight every time your belly pan hit in the T3 and T10 transitions

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

That's cheating!

A nice report and 25.1 is fast too. Thats the best I did this past weekend.

Did anyone happen to get pics or video of my slide in 1?!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Great job this weekend Brian, and way to come back after an off. Glad we got the beast fixed up and back on track for you!

Yellow plates my son, yellow plates.

since when did Novices start wearing shirts and hoodies with their NESR name and/or race number on it?
    at first i thought Sav was just being ridiculous, but now it's starting to be more common.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Faceplant View Post
    since when did Novices start wearing shirts and hoodies with their NESR name and/or race number on it?
    at first i thought Sav was just being ridiculous, but now it's starting to be more common.
    i dont own a nesr shirt or hoodie

didn't you have a group of people wearing shirts with your race number?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

I didn't have anyone do anything. You can order yours if you want as well.
    Those that decide to support me act on their own. I just said I don't have a NESR shirt.
    The sweater and sweatpants I have with my number and Olympus racing where gifts.
    The white Ts with my logo and sponsors a friend designed and you can order it online.

and now i just dont wear a shirt... sweatpants still though

Great job man, I was in formula 3 also on Sat.

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Been there with the T1 slide, just have to remember that if you need to make an outside pass, make it further outside or get off the brakes at the bump and stay loose on the bars.

Congrats on the first of what I'm sure will be several wins.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Sounds like an adventurous weekend. Well done on the new steed.

Retired LRRS/CCS EX #212 | Woodcraft | Armour Bodies | Dainese USA |

WOO HOO GUESS WHO GOT THE BUMP TO AM!!!!!!!!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    Welcome to the madness, and get prepared for white plates to suck the paint off your bodywork when they go by at warp 9!

Quote Originally Posted by GingahNinjah View Post
    Ah, that's a good feeling, 'bout time! I hope you'll bring some liveliness to our otherwise staid AM LW class. See you on the grid!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Quote Originally Posted by carsick View Post
    Ah, that's a good feeling, 'bout time! I hope you'll bring some liveliness to our otherwise staid AM LW class. See you on the grid!
    Well fine, see if I play in the LWSB pool again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast