Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nov #508 LRRS Round 1

Nov #508 LRRS Round 1

I dont really wanna call this a race report. It's more of a thank you to some people and a description of the weekend.
    This was my first official weekend. Some of you know the reasons that delayed my racing to take place by a year but that doesnt even matter any more, it belongs in the past and that's where it's staying.
    If I forget anyone on this list, i apologize I am just really tired and sore.
    Gotta thank Degsy for being having the patience to deal with me all winter long and teach me more than I could ever imagine about working on my bike. Always there for me, either in person or via the phone. Degs really is a uique person and someone I am very thankful to have in my life for plenty of reasons, not only track related. Degs from the bottom of my heart Thank you for everything.
    Brett always there to advice and help me out. Thank you for the brake lines as well man you rock!
    Christian and Mike have been incredibly supportive through out the winter, asnwering all my questions while making fun of me of course but still.
    Smutty actually came to Worcester and helped me sort my bike out before his was even ready. Mike has been keeping me positive and helped me work on my bike Thursday and Friday. Lots of laughts always. Both ECK and RSP teams are a great time and very helpful people. Gino always has great advice for me and got me the fairings for the bike (now i gotta get a windshield).
    Bob P. ALWAYS amazing help and motivation. Kept me positive all weekend long and I was very happy to see him Saturday morning
    Chipper! instructing - advicing - supporting in any way possible! Thank you for the support.
    J, thanks number plate, laughs and legit the lesson on how to remain positive and pleasant even when EVERYTHING goes wrong.
    Tony was great to me as well! Helped me with the bike, taught me a lot about it as well. Guide me with my mistakes and body positioning and as most people made some pretty good jokes about me lol.

this next part is something I havent seen on this forum but I really feel the need to say: I really want to thank all the Boston Moto and Tony's Track Days staff for their help over time. Both organizations have been incredible help with my improvement in riding and overall track experience.
    I have been treated exceptional by the staff of both several times on and off the track and you have all been the reason why I love coming at the track so much. as discussed this weekend and have been mentioned by me before one of the happiest moments of my life is when I pass through that tunnel into the infield. legit a little kid at disneyland is not as happy as I am then.

now as far as the racing part goes:
    Wendesday night Keith Cotter and Kurtz were trying to convince me to call out of work and go do the Open track. Although I was very tempted and it seemed like a great idea there were some pretty important things going on so that wasnt option. I did however leave 4 hours early and ended up being at the trakc around 530pm. It seemed like Kurtzh and Tony were the only people there.
    Thursday night came and we had to do some modifications on my body work. after Tony's suggestions I also decided to put new tires on as well. Apparently me removing tires is one of the funniest things that happens at the track. Thank you guys for showing me how to do that stuff.

Friday morning: Penguin was ok. Instruction was fairly good. But I could not get comfortable on the bike at all. According to GPS lap timer I was turning 1:37-1:42s. Arms were hurting because I couldnt relax them, too stiff on the bars. I was complaining a lot about it, everyone told me to relax,rest and it will come naturally. Licensing, obtaining numbers and registering through the office is a PAIN! Wanda is very polite and pleasant which evens it out i guess. once again Mike took me under his wing and helped me register for my races for the weekend.

Saturday: weather is great, everyone is in a good mood. excited for the rookie race. riders meeting and all that. first attempt for rookie race Mike wheelies next to me goes down, red flag and restart.
    We go again without mike on the grids, decent start, dont really remember race details but I am still uncomfortable on the bike although it is running and performing great. The fresh tires must have been very forgiving with my bad body positioning and other mistakes I made. lap times 1:40 pretty much all laps.
    Next two races still nothing really to talk about just bad lap times and a bad feeling about how I ride although the bike is still performing great and is forgiving everything I do wrong. I think best lap time of the day was 1:37?
    I guess two 3rd places - which lead in a hilarious awards ceromony.
    light drinking night with lots of laughs. lots of advice from everyone there and other people through texts to relax and sleep it off.
    Went to bed early and hoped for a better Sunday.

Sunday: Got up early, ate breakfast. I was in already a better mood because although i couldnt get a good pace I was having fun. Skipped first practice and hang with Smutty. He crashed in practice and i watched the whole thing. Kinda made me want to skip practice too but everyone sugested I do, and thank God I listened. I moved my braking points a lot farther and starting carrying more speed but that casued me to mess up my shifting points and ended up carrying wrong gears through almost every turn.
    First race seemed pretty good. I had a good start and i think I went in first or second going into T1. Few laps I am feeling better and better on the bike. I kinda forgot I was racing it felt like a track day. Two laps before checkered I dont know who the guy was showed me a wheel going in 1A and then I went on the brakes too much and too early in 3 (almost felt like I parked the bike) so he easily passed me there and I didnt get a chance to catch up. finished 2nd with best time 1:30.1
    second race i believe we were out there with AM as well. I was already feeling better after talking to Bob P. some family and friends from work showed up. Bob kept reminding me that the #1 goal is not to crash. I went out there legit not caring about times, I just wanted to have fun and I was so happy that my mom came to see me at the track for the first time. I dont remember details. At some point I passed some AM riders. Race finished and I didnt even realize it. It was the only time i was on the track and not exhausted! Finished first with best time 1:29.8 and all my laps consistent in the 1:30s.
    Still way far off pace but at least it was fun and I was back on the track.
    once again thanks to all. BoMo, TTD, ECK, RSP, cornerworkers and track staff for an amazing time.
    I somehow have some sponsors so a big thank you to. AT&T Mobility, Alexander Academy, Above the Influence, Yoshimura USA, Braking, Niko's Pizza & Restaurant, RCM Services, Gallios, Salus Capital Partners.

here is some photos as well:
    I think it was Bill who yelled "get up there you dirty Greek"

a little wave to my mom <3

Mommy

Bob P.

Bill Pete Jackie

Cheff Pretty-Eyes making breakfast. notice the fire extinguiser in the back.

thats it for now. Hope to see you all in a few week for Round 2!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Nov #508 LRRS Round 1

I'm glad you overcame your hurdles and still kept racing in your priorities.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

The times will come down. You can ride, it'll come together if you relax. And can stay relaxed when you twist that throttle.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Nice job buddy. Good times!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

first weekend is always the hardest. you did well and kept it upright, good job

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Great rookie weekend. Glad to put a face to the name. You're only going to get faster, keep it up! Congrats on the podiums.

You're definitely a class act for mentioning the corner workers and track staff in your report, as we so often "forget" to mention them (myself included). Without them, we are nothing.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Well I thought me, Jim, and Frenchy gave you a good tip on friday night: If you want to go faster, eat about 3 pounds of food at olive garden.

You didn't eat as much as we did, and you went slower than us.

Cause = effect, right?

Good times bud

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    Well I thought me, Jim, and Frenchy gave you a good tip on friday night: If you want to go faster, eat about 3 pounds of food at olive garden.

Cause = effect, right?

Good times bud
    Yeah, if you want to run to the shitter faster....thbthrbbrthberthbbb

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post

Cause = effect, right?

Good times bud
    I thought I ate pretty well too but it didn't help. I'm gonna try being dessert next time too. worked for Frenchy

Nice job this weekend bud!!

Sav, you're ugly.
    come drinking with Frenchy and I after NJMP.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Great report!

I was overwhelmed with all the new faces there this weekend so I'm not sure if we met. Were you pitting with Bob (and Gene on the 125)? I stopped by there a few times this weekend, and I also swung by the ECK/RSP area a few times so I'm sure we must have bumped into each other.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Great report!

I was overwhelmed with all the new faces there this weekend so I'm not sure if we met. Were you pitting with Bob (and Gene on the 125)? I stopped by there a few times this weekend, and I also swung by the ECK/RSP area a few times so I'm sure we must have bumped into each other.
    yes i pit at 22N and whenever not in gear I was at the ECK/RSP garages.
    i cant put a face on your nickname but I definitely saw you at the track coupel of times. and I think you were out there at the NOV/AM Race on sunday? I remember your bike because of the different font style numbers.

edit: that sig is awesome!!! "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Way to work it bud! Keep your head down and throttle back and it will all come back.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    edit: that sig is awesome!!! "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"
    That's my fault. I watched his last race and noted that he was going up one more gear down the front straight where I start prepping to brake. Damn those little 125s carry some corner speed. (In my defense, I go faster down the front straight so I need more time to brake, right?)

lol I'd be in nascar 1 if I made an upshift at the 4 board. but at least I'd finally hit 6th

Great to finally meet you man, glad to help out where I can. Had an awesome time shooting the shit about bikes, life, racing, track days, etc... It was only a year ago I was in your shoes so I know what it's like on a new bike in a new setting with a lot of new people.

Times will come down, just remember that racing is different than track days and you do not have 20 minutes to put together fast laps. You need to be confident and push yourself to be fast out of the gate. Your tires are hot, the track isn't any different than the last time you rode it, and there people you need to get by. Do it early and keep the pace.

I have no doubt in my mind that you'll get it down, your improvement in times over the past two days is proof. See you in a few weeks, hope you're as excited as I am to get back out there.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    lol I'd be in nascar 1 if I made an upshift at the 4 board. but at least I'd finally hit 6th
    Depends on the lap and my drive out of 12 but I often grab one around the "5" board...

Zip-Tie Alley Racing
    LRRS/CCS #103
    PPS | Dunlop | Boston Moto | Woodcraft & Armour Bodies | 35 Motorsports | Pit Bull | K&N

I'm outta gears before the start/finish.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    I'm outta gears before the start/finish.
    I remember those days on the KTM... Any room to go taller on your final drive?

i dont know how i forgot the there song of the weekend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pHEfTgStfU
    I'm on that good kush and alcohol
    I got some down bitches I can call
    I don't know what I would do without y'all
    I'm gon' ball til the day I fall

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    I remember those days on the KTM... Any room to go taller on your final drive?
    No power to turn it. The difference between 4th/5th is marginal at best. With the fresh motor I'm hitting the rev limiter right at the end of pit wall. Its my pre-brake.

yes i pit at 22N and whenever not in gear I was at the ECK/RSP garages.
    i cant put a face on your nickname but I definitely saw you at the track coupel of times. and I think you were out there at the NOV/AM Race on sunday? I remember your bike because of the different font style numbers.

Yup, that was me in Sunday's race. My wife hand made those numbers for me with an exacto knife, I'll let her know it leaves an impression!

Oh, and as Kurlon mentioned, he's directly responsible for me adding that bit to my sig.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

He never stays to make breakfast for me. What am I doing wrong??

Sav it was great to meet you, I see by your times we'll be in competition next round. Looking forward to it!

99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Lifer

Sav. I don't know you very well. I just met you Saturday. But I had a fuggin' blast reading about your prep for this weekend and then seeing you out there Saturday.

Let's get real: spectating at LRRS events isn't exactly like going to see the 'sox play @ Fenway. You really have to want to be there.

Personally, I have never really wanted to be there.

Saturday I wanted to be there to see you, Brian, and the other newbs from this board out there.

From where I was sitting, you were kicking some ass.

Bike looks good. (Well, 'cept that damned windscreen! ) Gear looks good. You got your license and numbers. Well done sir.

Thanks again for the case. Awful nice of you.

I cruised past the pits near the end of the day to wish you luck on Sunday. You weren't around. I imagine you had more pressing things to do. Sounds like you did just fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast