Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Novice #558 Round 1 Report

Novice #558 Round 1 Report

I had such a bad time out there I wasn't even going to post a report, but boredom at work has gotten the best of me.

Friday - Showed up nice and early and was looking forward to a good day on track. Signed up for the Penguin school to get the license back after a couple years off, had fun lugging around the track at the slow pace as I was all sorts of messed up on my lines and just did not feel very good out there at all.

Couldn't seem to get comfortable on the bike, in the corners, or even just relaxed at all. I was debating to even do the rookie race on Saturday after the class but I was hoping a good night sleep and warmer weather would help settle my nerves.

Saturday - Good sleep but was definitely NOT WARMER! Did both practice sessions and was running pretty slow numbers mostly 32's with a couple 31's. nothing to brag about by any means and about 8 seconds off my old pace.

Rookie race - I got gridded all alone as I was the only MW bike out there, thought it would be an easy 4 laps for me. I got to T-10 on the very first lap and was going pretty slow so I decided to twist the throttle a little while leaned over, unloaded the front and on the ground I was in no time. I was pretty disappointed in myself as I know better but it was over and done with. I walked over to the side and cheered my buddies on!

Had to go see Eric W. and Steve and plead my case for my license, I knew what I did wrong and told them.. I was ready to pack up but luckily they still gave me the go ahead on the race I entered so was in the clear. (Thanks Guys!)

Ran around getting parts to fix my bike and off to race 6 I went.

Race 6 - Went out there just trying to make it to the end of the race, ran slow and somewhat smooth. Bike shifter was a little tweaked and I kept hitting Neutral going down the front straight coming out of T12, but I just kept on trucking...finished last but I was happy to just finish at that point.

Big thanks to Jim, Chris, and Shawn for letting me pit with them, (as it was Fuggin cold out there!) and the guy I forget his name that helped me smash my rear sets back into shape & change out a clip on.

I owe ya all BIG for your help and hospitality! Seriously, Thank You!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Re: Novice #558 Round 1 Report

Good to see you back out there Eric. Remember, a bad day at the track is better than a good day at work, anytime!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Anytime Bud......Bomo day and then you will be right back on the Game

go back and get em next round

Good to see you back at the track Eric. Considering you were away for a while and the cold and windy conditions, you did good. Your times on Saturday were better than mine.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Yup, Head down and pushing for a good round next Race Weekend. Gonna get me some laps in before hand and have some fun out there.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!