Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

A Weekend of Firsts...

A Weekend of Firsts...

First race report (yes my spelling is bad)
    I just bought a 07 GSXR-600 (first one)
    I never threw a leg over an inline 4 on the track ever. First time riding this bike.

Brought it up on Thursday, did the open practice 1/2 day and was feeling it out. Seemed like a fun ride, things were going ok. Friday I didn't do Penquin, I put some new rubber on the bike and took care of some business.

Sat: First practice, felt like I was flying, nope.....1:26's; Second practice wow I must be doing 17's...Nope 1:24's I raced an sv for a bit, all my marks are way off and I'm thinking jesus I'm flying..... to find out I'm like 4 seconds off my SV times.

First race comes around: Unlimited GP, just taking in the new grid experience and thinking this is going to be a trip.
    I get up to the grid and start my normal sequence..I'm ready....1 Board turns, flag...Go... Nope..things just does all kinds of this and that and nope nothing good. I'm last into one, and only pass I think one person. 1:23:xx

MWGP: I've been thinking the whole time since the last race WTF, launch this bioch..Get out there, get on the grid, 1 board..turn...green...chug, wheelie, baap...wtf is going on. Last again into one. I'm just riding around behind a wall of bikes coudn't go anywhere. I pass like two bikes with a best of 1:21:7

Sunday:
    Practice goes ok, trying to find new marks to use however I'm now obsessed with trying to figure out how to lauch a 600.

First race of the day: MW Supersport

I preload the clutch, bring the revs up to like 9k, get a great reaction time on the flag and bike launches.. I'm feathering the clutch, ya lets go.. then the front goes up, down, nuts hit tank, up again, Now I'm just on fire..last again.
    Last into one and not even thinking clear, why the hell can't you launch this thing, you suck etc etc etc...
    finish at the back with a 1:23:xxx

I have a lot to learn...see you next round.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Sqzeplay74; 05-21-12 at 08:13 PM.

Re: A Weekend of Firsts...

I've been racing my bike for over a year now and am just now getting the hang of launching it. but I had never launched a bike before starting racing last year. We must have put on a show at the start of MWSS cause I was staring at the front wheel a couple feet off the line. not sure if I chopped the throttle or grabbed the clutch but I still got into 1 pretty decent.

Wow! Good to read this report. Its fun.

Haha, funny report... get that thing spinning closer to 13k don't let off the throttle at all, and don't get scared when the front lifts off. Just keep your weight forward and use the clutch to moderate forward momentum. Launching is the one thing I've been able to do without too much embarrassment

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

It sounds like you did pretty damn well for the first time on that bike and the first time on an I4...

Lower your Revs on launch 6500 7K ish...then hammer it about 15-20ft out.... not worth going real high since it will just wheelie. If you want to do a few Hole shots and work on it let me know....I think that if you can drag a 1k all day long then the 600 is real easy

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Lower your Revs on launch 6500 7K ish...then hammer it about 15-20ft out.... not worth going real high since it will just wheelie. If you want to do a few Hole shots and work on it let me know....I think that if you can drag a 1k all day long then the 600 is real easy
    Ahhh lower the revs...thank you sir, I will try this for sure!!

glad to hear you had fun this weekend... you missed some great yellow plate racing on the v-twin however...

Quote Originally Posted by 388 View Post
    glad to hear you had fun this weekend... you missed some great yellow plate racing on the v-twin however...
    I was watching! Nice work out there, glad to see you back."
    Maybe I'll come back with the SV next weekend too....