Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NV #107, Round 3

NV #107, Round 3

Guess I'll just jump into it.

Get up Saturday morning and throw my trickle charger on. AFter about 30 minutes, try to get it started and it won't turn over. I think I have a draw on the battery somewhere. Try to diagnose and find that the lead off the trickler charger had a blown fuse. Miss getting into tech and first practice session. Get a jump pack from Yknot and get it started to get into tech. Leaving tech, it wouldn't start again and went to go try to bump start it, but found that when I put it into first, bike off, it won't roll, even with the clutch pulled in. I knew I was having some clutch problems...after the classic I'm going to be tearing into it.

Get second practice session in, ended up in the 28's consistently. After practice, I bring it over to Peter Kates and get thoroughly shocked. I have never touched the front end since i bought this bike. He bounces the front and they said something I couldn't believe "How's it feel to ride a Hawk that actually has a front end on it?" He takes a little dampning out of the front, which fixed the wobble I was getting flipping between 7 and 8, and 11A and 12. Also told me to dial in another turn of pre-load in the rear with also helped me keep from bottoming out in 6. Also started out with tire warmers. Doc let me try his, and then Rick let me use a set of his for the race.

Race #8

Gridded up next to 6 in 3C. Got a decent start with a little bump. After the first lap, 6 and two of the Thunderbike guys were gone, out of my sight, and I had no one with me. My outlap was a 32, which is awful and I need to work on it. First race using warmers so its an adjustment. Good race, except for blowing T1 on the second lap. Came inside one of the thunderbike guys and just overshot the corner, 1A too but got back on line in 2. AFter that, it was an uneventful race. Like I said before, I had no one running with me but I was able to keep my laps consistent. 6 out of the 8 laps were within 1 second of eachother, my best being a 26.6. One lap I ran a low 28, but that was because I checked up on a yellow around T6. It was even starting to spit rain when we were out there and had like 3 laps with the debris/rain flag out. But, I am running DOT's so I just kept hammering and figured I would be fine.

I need to find 4 seconds somewhere on the track to keep up with 6, who ran a 22.6 this weekend and is consistent in the 23/24's. For some reason my line in T1/1A/2 sucked this weekend. Gino noticed it and gave me some input that I'll have to try at the classic.

Big thanks to P. Kates for helping with my suspension, made the front feel better, and the rear as well. Rick for letting me use his tire warmers, Bill for the jump pack, and Doc for the ride down. Scottie was nice enough to remind me Saturday evening that if I were running Conti's, I'd have already made enough money in contingency for half a set of tires this season...but I'll stick with my Pirelli's for now....I have no complaints with them and they have been great so far.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: NV #107, Round 3

Great job Jason, looked silky smooth out there.
    Wish I could have put it together to get out there to follow a lap or so, maybe at the classic.

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Good stuff man, good read and glad you're having fun. Sounds like you're moving right along too.

Too tired to read that, way to go, sorry to hear that. Pick the best response.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

Cliff notes for richie.

got more consistent, but still slow. need to go about 4 seconds faster.

Ahh yes, go faster

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

The fast will come. Enter another race!

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Nice rite up, good weekend!

But i ran a 22.4 not 6....

Edit: I might have run a 22.6 as well but my statement still stands.

Last edited by 6 Fingered Man; 06-01-10 at 12:10 PM.
    LRRS #951
    My girlfriend wants to be like me when she grows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pittenger5 View Post
    Sometimes violence IS the answer. The answer every other time is busa.