Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

NV-#558 - Round 2 Race Report

NV-#558 - Round 2 Race Report

I know a bit late, work has been getting in the way of my play time here on the .NET....

Sunday was looking great to start the day off. Sun was beaming down blue skies and windy. Decided to set up in the turn 12 area for a day of racing. Tent up, bike off the rig, and gear ready. Lets get it on!

I signed up for races 1- GTU, 3- MW Super Bike & 13- MW Super Sport.

First race was GTU and I was feeling pretty good. Get up to grid and was a little less nervous this time around. This is only my second “Official” race for LRRS. I did a rookie race and MW Grand Prix race during round one.

The flag goes down and I get the official horrible start, a bunch of bikes leave me at the grid, luckily I was gridded at the back so I did not hold anyone up. Once on my way I start working up the pack, pass a couple riders thru 1, then a couple more thru 3-4, things are looking good so far, then during the first lap out and the red flag gets flown. I am just taking the turn at 10 and see a rider down. We all know the story behind this and it was deeply sobering to me as to the consequences we take out there, so I wont write anything here…. (R.I.P. Morgan Rose #624)

The restart was a little better for me, my launch was half way decent compared to my last few. I may actually start to get the hang of this. I was doing pretty well during this race, passing when I could find my balls and the throttle at the same time. By mid race I think I got passed by a HW bike, I will say he was a decent rider and pushed me to keep up with him. I wasn’t letting him get away. I managed to clip off some of my best times riding his tail, I don’t know who he was but THANK YOU! I managed to rip a PB of 1:24.43 during that race. I couldn’t believe it. Over 2 seconds faster than my previous PB and I felt I was much smoother during that race. I did not expect that at all. Placed 7th in this race.

Second race was MW-Super bike. I had enough time to pit, get the warmers back on, fill up with gas & get a drink. I was exhausted from the first race still. My legs were on fire and I was saying to myself…Self WTF are you thinking doing these races so close to each other. I am Sooooo out of shape!

Get myself to grid, get a decent launch and it is back to picking racers off & trying to get up the pack, I was able to get from 10th place to 8th place by 3rd or 4th lap but I was drained out there, I was getting sloppy and my legs were shaking under me. Every turn was A LOT of work, Obviously I was still feeling the effects of the first race. I decided to try and back off a bit and save some energy and that is when I get passed, in 3. I tried to get the position back but it was not happening. I ended up placing 9th in this race.

3rd race MW Super sport
    Nothing exciting here, got a crappy start, Couldn’t find my groove at all and pretty much ran in the back of the pack the entire race. I think I was 2nd to last the entire race. I think all the events of the day were taking there toll on me. I placed 11th on this race. Disappointing to say the least. I know I can do better than that.

I was happy with my results for the weekend and I will be ready for round 3 in hopes to crush some more time off my laps.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Expert Novice "Dangerous" Dan K's Avatar

Re: NV-#558 - Round 2 Race Report

Good shit man. Thanks for the writeup, and way to start getting those times down!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Don't slam yourself too bad. You'll find the fast.

And 1:24's aren't anything to sneeze at. Just stay smooth.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

Nice work man! Any weekend that remains rubber side down is a good weekend. Don't beat yourself up... your just starting off. Once you find your groove, your body won't beat itself up so much. Next weekend stick a piece of painters tape near your gauges and write "RELAX" on it; Then try and relax coming down the home stretch. Should help you a bit.

Feel free to stop by the MOTOADDICTION garage should you find yourself struggling out there. Were no pros, but we got a few laps beneath us.

May the fast be with you. Douchebag

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Nice job Eric! Keep on learning the ropes man. Can't wait to get back and watch ya!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Nice Job! I was watching you and you looked good out there!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Thanks for the responses Everyone...

Looking forward to Round 3 this Sunday, with BoMo days Tues-Wed. & then the race weekend, I hope to have some forward progress.