Friday:

Did Penguin practice and got towed by #202 Jeff Vader for a session which led to some times in the 30's, a season best for me.

Saturday:

MWGP: I don't quite have the HP for this race, but the field is big enough that I always have someone to battle with for one of the bottom positions, so It's a good race for me to practice dealing with traffic. Finished 17th out of 19 who finished and 21 who started.

125GP: This is the race that counts and this time we 5 entries (the 125 class is growing! Woohoo!!!). Jeff (#202) and Joe (#512) get better starts and stay ahead of me for the whole race. I do OK, but I don't manage to go faster than 32's. I did have fun with an Aprilia RS250 that kept on passing me down the front strait, but I would repass him going into 1. We did that for a few laps.
Finish 3rd, good enough for a podium.

LWGP: This is another race where I'm not competitive, but I do get to practice starting, follow some fast guys for a lap or two, then I usually get clear laps to use as good practice. I start along side Rambunctious, Jason and another guy and in no time they are all ahead of me. I still don't do better than 32's as I do my own thing back there. Checking the results, I did get a surprise when I found out I finished 3rd (second podium of the day!) Sucks that it had to be because Jason went down... I had noticed a bike down in 12 but didn't realize it was him.

Sunday:

Practice: Kerry, a vintage racer who was doing the Miss Match that day on a 125 came out to practice with Joe (#512), Adam (#355) and I. We had a lot of fun running together and learning from each other during both practice sessions. Riding a 125 is a lot of fun, but riding a 125 in a group of 125s is a lot more fun!

Larry Lap: Larry asked us two strokes to not only start in front with him, but to push start! That made the start a bit slow, but I did manage to get a decent position exiting hot pit not too far behind Larry who got the hole shot. Competition was fierce for second with mopeds, cruisers and maybe a bicycle or two in the mix, but no one was able to get by Larry. Out of 12, I go into a full tuck and manage to get my front wheel besides Larry's rear wheel for a second place finish (I think it was the finish, despite the flag being white!). Best finish of the weekend so far!

GTL: 5 of us 125s entered this race! I don't get a great start and all the other 125s get ahead of me. Eziah (#669) goes down on his 125 bringing out the red. On the restart, I do better and get ahead of Joe (#512). I keep him behind me for a while until I get slowed down a bit negotiating traffic, and he takes advantage of that to get by me. I stick right on his tail until more traffic puts a bit of distance between us. I reel him back in and I catch up to him when the white flag flies. I can't outbrake him into 3 without loosing enough momentum so he can repass going up 4, same for the bowl. I stay close to him but can't get by him in 11. Coming out of 12, I give it everything I got and get a slightly better drive, I move to the left and start gradually passing him as the finish line quickly approaches. We are just about even as we take the checkered, so we didn't know which one of us finish ahead. When we checked the results, it turned out that Joe finished 0.08 seconds ahead of me taking 9th and I had to settle for 10th, the last to finish the race. That was an awesome race despite the 10th place finish! Oh yeah, got back down in the 29's chasing Joe down!! Didn't beat my PB, but it was my first time under 1:30 this season!