Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Olympus Racing #508 LRRS Round 5

Olympus Racing #508 LRRS Round 5

Arrived at the track Friday afternoon with nothing to do on my bike.
    My plan was to help my garagemates with whatever they needed to do on their bikes. and thats what I did, Mike W told me to stay at the other side of the garage while he was working on his new Kawi and thats what i did.

Saturday:
    Went out for LRRS Practice to make sure the bike is 100%. turned a few 20s and 21s with no serious effort and came in early to save energy for ASRA qualifying.
    I went out for the qualifying with enough time for 3ish laps 4.5 minutes had been left in the session. I didnt want to push since I am not the greatest rider in the morning but I managed to get my first lap ever in the teens a 19.8 and a new PB!!!! I was pretty pumped and I was ready for more.

Race 4 - Formula 300: no comment - 3rd place. outlap 2 days, 16 hours and 35 minutes. Best lap 1:41
    Leading the class by 26 points

Race 9 - LWGP: I was gridded in the second row. Got a killer start and went into T1 first. I was leading and had a decent gap on Sam Greenwood #228 until lap two when while I entering T3 I upshifted... Going up the hill I tried to fix my mistake but i messed up again and upshifted again.. so now I am going up the hill at 20mph and 5th... 2 slow downshifts and Sam goes by me like I am parked.. I managed to close the gab coming out of T10 and then we see a waiving red flag. I could tell Sam was getting angry cause he punched his gas tank a couple of times and we both knew why (my starts on the SV are phenominal). 2nd start and i go into T1 well in the lead. Put my head down and turn some hot laps but every time I look behind me Sam is right there on my rear wheel. He never managed to stick a pass since we run similar times and I didnt make any more mistakes for the rest of the race. In the process of chasing each other we passed a handful of experts from the waive ahead of us too.
    Ented up taking the checkered and turning a new PB of 1:19.425!!! Sam also did a new PB of 1.19.5!!! He finished .36 behind me IIRC. Awesome race, awesome results!
    I am now 4th in that class with missing the first round and 7 points away from the leader. Sam is right there though 5 points behind me so this one wont be clear until the last race weekend.

Sunday:

woke up, skipped practice and had my cheeseburger typical breakfast. I shouldnt be sharing my secrets but we all are a family here. The key to success on Sunday is to skip practice lol

Race 3 - LWSB
    I went into this race fairly confident however my rear tire had other plans for me. Someone must have disconnected my tire warmer early and I didnt notice. So when I set the pressure at 28 the tire was actually warm not hot. I was gridded first. Another killer start and going into T1 first. Very confident gasing out of T2 and a very long slide... Ooops i probably got on the gas too hard. Fuck it. GOing up the hill and slide again... wtf... The slides kept happening out of T2, up T4 and out of T12. in lap 3 Sam went by me and kept pushing the lead. I didnt have anyone too close to me so I chilled with my slides and took second place crash free...
    best lap 1:20.888
    I am leading this class by 31 points.

I had let Kurtz know about my slides so he was waiting for me at the pregrip with a tire gauge since I had back to back races. I think I had 31psi or something crazy like that. He dropped it down to 27.5 and I went out for SuperTwins/

Race 4 - SuperTwins
    I like this race because the waive ahead of us is the Unlimited Class.
    I was gridded 2nd. Green Flag and I am flying! Catching up the bike bikes ahead of me but hit insane traffic and 325 Chris Bouchard flies by me. We dice it up for a couple of laps but he managed to put some traffic between us in T11 which killed my drive out of 12 so at that point I just dialed down and took my second 2nd place of the weekend, shaving some energy for my other 3 races.

Best Lap: 1:20.241
    I am now second in that class 33 points behind #325 and his Ducati (1098 i think?)

ASRA Thunderbike!
    That was my personal bet. I came 2nd last year in this race on my Hawk!
    Green Flag goes up and I get another amazing start and I am mid pack with the experts. Head down and kept pushing. I forgot that race was 12 laps instead of LRRS' 8. I was really tired but i was in the zone for a while. I think I finished 4 or 5 with the experts and 1st of the AM by 40''.
    Awesome experience to get to thank you all my sponsors and friends and even greater experience to see my name on RoadRacing World few days later.
    I will keep competing with ASRA in Daytone.
    Best Lap: 1:19.5 and few more 19s

Race 8 - LWSS.
    I knew Sam #228 was going to give me a good run in this one since we have been battling all weekend. I had won LWGP and he had won LWSB so the winner here would have been the winner between us for the weekend.
    I got an amazing start and went into T1 first (i know this is getting boring but few years of drag racing and street racing help a lot with my starts). in lap 2 I went into T11 very very slow (because I am a pussy) and Sam passed me on the outside. I stayed right behind him but coming out of T12 he lost the rear and highsided right in front of me. I grabbed a hand full of brake and I almost went over the bars but I managed to squeeze between Sam, his bike and the wall. I lost 2 positions in the process so I was now 3rd. Passed the second guy in T3 on the brakes and stayed behind #551 for few laps until I managed to brake later than him in T3 with 2 laps to go.
    Took the checkered in this one and went to prepare for my last race of the weekend.

Best Lap:1:20.166
    I am leading this class by 38 points.

Race 10 - Thunderbike
    Least eventful race of the weekend for me. I was gridded first and I was exhausted. Got a funny start and wheelied until 4th gear (yes it was on purpose). after two laps I looked behind me and didnt see anyone close. Saved tires and toned down. Took a comfortable first.

Best Lap: 1:21.4
    Leading this class by 14 points

Awesome weekend with awesome people. I am excited to keep racing. I will see you all in 10 days. I will also be racing in Jersey the weekend after that.
    Huge thank you to all my friends and family who made it up to watch and support me again. My garage and teammates. Mike K and Mike W especially for being my constant support and help. all my sponsors and track staff...

Thank you for reading and for making this the most exciting and happiest part of my life,
    Sav

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Olympus Racing #508 LRRS Round 5

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    Arrived at the track Friday afternoon with nothing to do on my bike.
    My plan was to help my garagemates with whatever they needed to do on their bikes. and thats what I did, Mike W told me to stay at the other side of the garage while he was working on his new Kawi and thats what i did.
    I haven't read the whole thing yet, but LOL .

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

congrats on wearing a shirt all weekend

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Cheesburger breakfast got it. trying it next round.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    congrats on wearing a shirt all weekend
    it was a bit cold. but i kept it shirt free on saturday lol

Congrats on the wins and new PB(s) last round!!!

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Fun racing with you man. Keep it up! Hopefully I'll catch up.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

Was anyone there to take pics Sunday?