Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Olympus Racing AM#508 Loudon Classic Report

Olympus Racing AM#508 Loudon Classic Report

Arrived at the track very late Tuesday night. Kurtz was the only person up (or even there).
    Helped me unload and we went to bed fairly early since I had the school the next morning.
    Wednesday was a good day. Eric did a very good track walk and I was working on fixing my line into T1 for most of the day.
    School tired me out a lot and it was a lot of info but I am glad I did it.
    Thursday morning started with some news from home that I cannot share at this time but caused me to be very emotional and stressed and sit out although i had paid for the school. I just needed some alone time and i was in a stage in which I could operate a motorcycle at high speeds. My brain was not working and I decided to stay out in order to avoid hurting myself or even worse someone else...

Friday:
    First day of RACING! I was still not in a good mood and I didnt even want to put my gear on but I figured some racing would actually helped. The entire RSP team was there so I geared up and went out for my first race after skipping both practices...

Race #6 - LWSS
    Killer start for me and I get into T1 in a fair lead. Very good all the way through T4 but coming into the bowl I didnt set up my body right and ended up running very wide and slow and allowed Mark Fox (413) pass me. Trying to keep up with him and made the mistake to focus on him rather on my riding and I immediately blow T9 as well. at this point I am riding very bad and I am not comfortable on the bike at all. My arms are tense, I cant relax, my breathing is weird and I cant even get off the bike enough. T12 is also horrible and Sam Greenwood goes by me in the straight. I catch him and Mark in T3 and the 3 of us go side by side up T4, where I ran stupidly wide and got off the track. The bike went off road mode, I went to dirt, the gravel, then grass, then asphalt then grass again with the rear sliding and the bike clearing jumps all the way to the Apex of T6 where 551 and 773 blew by me. That was hands down the scariest thing I have ever experienced in my life. I put my head down and turn a few low 24s pass the other guys and manage to get myself on the podium in one piece.

3rd Place
    Best Lap: 1:23.4

Race #9 - Formula 300
    We will never talk about this race again.

Result: Shame, Upper Fairing, Foodpeg, hurt ego, additional stress, bad mood.
    Best Lap: 1:25.7

Race #12 - Endurance Race
    Once again teaming up with RSP Racing, Adam, Mike W. and Keith. Had a shitton of fun. Turned a lot of 22s and 23s. I got a chance to pass Steve from ECK which was my personal highlight of the race (once and only after he was extremely tired) and Christian got his chance to lap me (twice).
    I want to thank Adam for trusting me on his bike after I crashed someone else's bike legit 30 minutes earlier in the day. All the guys who helped us as pit crew (you know who you are) and once again the RSP team for letting me part of their family.

Saturday:
    at this point I am in even worse mood. We found out that the bike I crashed wont shift. Googling a bunch of theories and possibilities and everything points out that I messed up the transmission on the bike. I feel like shit for messing up some else's bike and I just want to curl up in a corner and be by myself. All my garage mates are having a blast but I am nowhere near the fun. My original plan was to enter the classic but given my mood and my bad riding I decided to stay out of it.

Race 4 - LWGP
    I dont remember much from this race since I wasnt 100% still. I got a good start and went into T1 first. The everyone and maybe some spectators passed in various parts of the track...
    Endned up 4th with a best time of 1:23.2

Adam and his family through an amazing cookout where I got to hangout with all the people who have added so much love,fun and happiness in my life. However my stress and bad mood didnt let me enjoy the night as I normally would have. Everyone tried to cheer me up but I just couldnt remove all the bad thoughts from my head. Went to bed around 10pm and tried to sleep in which I failed miserably. I almost packed up and left but Mike W brought up a very good point to my attention and I ended up staying.

Sunday:
    Ok now its time for the bitch-sav to come out. My eyes are legit watering just typing this.

I wake up Sunday morning and i honestly dont even want to wake up. I get out of the ambulance walking towards the garage I see the bike I crashed all apart. Mike W has opened it up and is trying to figure out what is wrong with it. In the process he even teaches me a couple of things. Amazed by his patience and willingness to help me my mood finally starts to change. He figured it and the bike was back and running 100% within minutes. I decide to skip practice completely, go shower and finally for the first time in 3 days I am smiling

before I continue I want to take a moment and thank both Mikes from RSP. I WOULD NOT BE RACING TODAY if it wasnt for these two guys. Whenever something shitty happens to me (ambulance brakes down, I cant fix my bike, I cant fix someone else's bike, i forget gear/stands/warmers, and a bunch of other MISTAKES) both of them are coming through, each on his own way and help me. They both started helping before they even got to know me very well and they had no reason or obligation to do so. Our world is in need of more people like them. So guys I truly and honestly, from the bottom of my heart thank you for being what I consider family and allowing me to continue to do the thing I love the most.

My family and friends start arriving at the track and my mood is only getting better from here on. I am now excited, happy and very very relaxed, something tells me i will be able to finally ride!

Race #7 - Thunderbike
    Usually I am the underbike here against them Ducatis but today I was ready to change that. John Donald (441) is right there and we are about to start some great racing. I have an amazing start and get into T1 first. Manage to keep it for a lap and then John passes me in T6, which was the best thing that could have happened to me. I study him and learn his lines, I stay close to him. On the last lap I pass him going into T3 but I overbrake and he gets me back going up the hill. I finish about two bike lengths behind him and come back to find out I have a new PB!

Result: 2nd Place
    Best Lap: 1:21.7 (New PB for NOW...)
    Outlap: 1:25.0

I had the great idea to sing up for back to back races thinking that would make me faster... LOL

Race #12 - LWSB

My main competitor in this class Mark Fox (413) had stayed out because he had a flight to catch and Josh Kurlon (771) did the same due to mechanical issues.
    but my good ol friend Donald John 441 was once again next to me in the grid...
    I had the best start I have had so far this year and went into T1 about 3-4 bikes (in length) first. I keep my first for a full lap but I am feeling good about my riding. 441 passes me, where else, in T6 again. We go back and fourth for a few laps, and on lap 6 I pass him in T3, this time i hold my brakes hard and I am only increasing the distance from there on. I put my head down and just doing everything I can to stay ahead. Last lap coming out of T6 I feel my rear sliding but I dont care, its all or nothing at this point, relaxed on the bars and throttle wide open I notice he is behind me as I am exiting the bowl. unfortunately for me some novices had different plans for the race. Coming in and out of 12 there are 3 novices going significantly slow which forces me not only to change my line but BRAKE instead of opening the throttle. 441 kept his drive since he was back enough for this not to affect him and passed me in the straight for him to take the win...

Results: 2nd Place
    Best Lap: 1:21.343 (New Personal Best!)

Race #13 - SuperTwins
    I cannot even see from the sweat running in my eyes at this point. but my cousin and Eric are coming at the pregrid with a towel and some water.
    I take my helmet off, cool off a little bit and go back out there.
    I have an amazing start and i even catch up to the MW which were in the same wave. However some of these guys manage to shock by having an AM status. Legit TERRIBLE TERRIBLE riding to the point that i am wondering how they have even survived on a motorcycle for that long. I get hit on the left side by a MW bike in T1 which forces me to run extremely wide in order to keep the bike from crashing, I somehow manage to stay on the track but everyone has gone by me. At this point I have no one to race with. couple of laps in I notice that my brakes are fading... and by fading I mean my bike refuses to stop or even slow down in some cases. I start riding more carefully and relax and rest my self.
    Going into T3 I grab a hand full of brake and for that split second they decided to work. My rear wheel comes off the ground to the point that the bike was 11 o clock on the front wheel. I relax let it come down and I stop with my knee touching the airfence!!! luckily that was the last lap and i finish my race.in the cool down lap I notice smutty (who passed me in T3) looking to see if I am ok or where the wrecked bike is, going up the hill I wave at him and we laugh.

Results:
    4th out of 7
    Best Lap: 1:21.449 (say what? I dont even remember that, i guess the brake fade helped lol).

comments: Some people should really reconsider racing because they are a danger to others, not just themselves.

I want to thank all of you who make this so much fun and an amazing part of my life. ALL the corner workers and track staff for keeping us and spectators safe, besides the security guy in the yellow shirt on Sunday, that guy was an asshole! RSP for allowing me to be part of them once again. All my friends and family who came up to watch me, but also all the spectators who attended this event, hope to see yall again. all my amazing sponsors for believing in me and supporting what I do. I might be forgetting people but it is late and I am exhausted.

See you all in Round 4, bring on the TEENS!

Sav

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Olympus Racing AM#508 Loudon Classic Report

I might come watch next round if you bring teens. Way to step it up Sav!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    99 + 02 SV650 ex-race - 91 FJ1200 street - 03 KDX220R woods - 12 WR450F motard/ice

Glad you kept it on 2. 19's next weekend!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Great starts!! I thought you were shot off an aircraft carrier on one of them! Of course that's about all I get to see of you and John. I'm petitioning for a Formula 60, you kids are killing me.
    Oh yeah thanks for the mention #773
    Doug

It was great seeing you and I was glad you were finally smiling on Sunday. I know you came around the Hawk several times to see what was up with it, don't worry dude. I don't blame you or anyone else for the issues with the bike this year; it's racing, it happens.

BTW stop getting so fast! I want to be able to race you one of these days!

Mo you are an AM now so you ll be racing me in 3 weeks.

I wanted you to enjoy the hawk man. It was a solid bike that did me a lot of good. Sucks it hasn't done that for you YET!

No! It's more than 3 weeks, thank god. I have a lot to do between now and then... FML!

Great job dude!

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Great job this weekend(except for Formula 300). Thanks for not passing me on the start drive down to T1, although it didn't seem to matter much regarding my finishing position.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Great job Sav! I am very impressed with your rapid improvement on the track. My only advice: stop being such an emo whiney beeyotch and letting your emotions dictate your riding :-p

I was glad to help you get your head right and get you back to having fun on the track. Teens for sure! Smells a lot like ROTY around here...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

the super save:

3:20 is where the fun begins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4snpPX33-gk

Sav, really touching race report. - diz

-dana