Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

OneUp Racing #152 --- Rd 2

OneUp Racing #152 --- Rd 2

Backstory: Although this was the second round or racing, it was the first round for me since I had a bad case of vaginitis during the Rd 1 rain storms. I refused to buy rain tires for the first weekend and ended up forfeiting three races essentially wasting away an entire weekend. The only benefit was that Friday's practice where I got a few good sessions in, still sorting the R6's boingers.

Fast forward to this past weekend. Rain forcast again! Faaaaaaahhhhhhhhq. Oh well, time to man up and get rains and get out there. I got to the track Friday night and rushed to register for races, swap wheels/tires, and get through tech. Mike and Tony set me up with a ooey gooey set of new Pirelli rains (thanks so much for helping me out guys!) and I managed to get everything done more smoothly than ever before. Even got to bed earlier than planned. Good omen for the weekend!!

Saturday.

I only entered one race, the GTO. Figured a good 25 minute race would burn my ass out. I skipped practice just because I didn't feel my head was right after a shitty night's sleep through the downpour, and geared up for Race 3. I was on the second row, gridded in 5th, beside my teammate Chris Woodman.

Flag goes green, and I get a crappy start by keeping the front in the air rather than on the ground. A few GTU guys get past me from rows further back, but we get through 1-2 without any issues. I pick up a few spots going into T3 and by the time we cross the start/finish I'm in 4th. By the next lap I'm in 3rd and settle into that position for about half the race. I suppose I got my second wind at that point because I slowly start reeling in the leaders and getting into an EPIC battle with my teammate Chris Woodman for pretty much the rest of the race. With 5 laps to go, I take the lead and manage to hold onto it for the win!
    Although my lap data shows a steady progression to 1st, that couldn't be further from the truth. Chris and I swapped paint and positions about 6 times before the checkered. It was by far, the most fun I've EVER had on track!! The cherry on top was getting my laptimes back in to the teens! I haven't been able to do that since October, 2012.
    I'm working on the video from that race, so I'll have front and rear facing footage!

Sunday
    Again, just one race scheduled for me, Unlimited Superbike Race 6. Again, I skip both practices and decide to conserve my tires for the race.

I have no points in this class at all, so I'm gridded dead last on the 5th row in 18th alongside our very own Tim DiLorenzo. The view from way back here sucks. Whatever.

Flag's green and I get a pretty good start and move up about 3 places. By the end of the first lap I make it to 11th. For the rest of the race I pick my way through traffic to finish 6th. I could see the lead group as I entered the front straight on the last lap......if only I had another lap or two LOL!!

Synopsis: Awesome weekend for me and my team, OneUp Racing!!!! Among us, we gathered 8 podiums. I don't remember a weekend when we had this much fun and success. I can't help but say the primary reason we did well was probably those super sticky black things wrapped around our wheels!! Our team is riding Pirelli tires for the first time and it's no coincidence we're doing so well. The track was a bit green, and everyone was just a bit off pace....but to be able to knock out some fast laps and never have even so much as a single wiggle?!?! That speaks for itself. I came in so hot into T1 on one lap that the front pushed way past my comfort level. It stuck, and I executed a textbook pass to take back the lead during the heated GTO. That was done faster than I have ever come in through there.
    So thank you Mike and Tony for setting us up!
    It goes without saying that Woodcraft and Armour Bodies, Street&Comp, SR SignDesign, and Arcy at OnTrack Media help make weekends like this a reality. Fortunately I didn't have to put any of their parts to the test aside from normal use, LOL!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Re: OneUp Racing #152 --- Rd 2

Great stuff Rich

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers