Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

PeaPod #343 LRRS weekend summary 05-2019

PeaPod #343 LRRS weekend summary 05-2019

Short and sweet.

Ran consistent 1:22's, not spectacular, but being basically the first dry weekend on track, I'm happy to be picking up from last year.

Saturday day Race 2 - Amateur GTL - started 10th, finished 11th.

Saturday Race 7 - Amateur Lightweight Grand Prix - started 4th, but did not make it past turn 1, finished with a DNS

Saturday Race 9 - Amateur Ultralight Superbike - started 7th, finished 14th.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: PeaPod #343 LRRS weekend summary 05-2019

Came into the weekend just hoping I could do acceptable times for the class. It was going to be a decent Saturday weatherwise, so I had no excuses for lackluster lap times. I was happy to at least be at the tail end of the requirement for the class, because I thought I might be slower. I felt comfortable and like there is definitely room for improvement over the rest of the year, so feeling good moving forward.

Did not practice on Friday as it is my drive day, and skipped first practice in the morning because it was a little chilly and I did not need to rush. Made my Pirelli man Mike Kurtz work for his pay this day. Had a few tire swaps to do and also got some new slicks put on. Also was happy to see #329 Mike G. make it back to the track!

Saturday day Race 2 - GTL -
    Had a decent start from 10th position on the grid. I still need work on my initial launch, but once into it hold my own. This was a race of a getting back into the groove. I paced myself to the riders in front of me and hung on to my prior year's nemesis in this race, #676 Ben MacKinney. It was a fun race which eventually involved four of us duking it out. I made a...hmmm...questionable pass on Isaac M. going through 11-12 at one point, but he was gracious in accepting my apology. It was great fun battling and some lapped traffic caught him out allowing me the position.

The end of the race came from a red flag with about two minutes left. I circled the whole track and did not see an incident, so was not sure why it had come out. I later found out our very own John PewPew had lowsided right behind me going into turn 1. I had a rear camera catch it all and luckily he was OK. His bike on the other hand, did not fare so well. He would be very happy for you all to view it and comment on his fine hand control!

YouTube

Saturday Race 7 - Lightweight Grand Prix -
    Had a pretty envious start position for this race being on the outside front row. I inherited this position from the prior weekend when the rain and cold kept most racers in the warmth of their trailers.

I had a pretty decent start and was heading through turn 1 in about sixth position. Unfortunately I did not make it past turn 1. All I caught out of the corner of my eye as I was making my transition over to turn 1a was a bike coming at me from the left. Another racer had something go wrong and came over his handlebars and into the side of my bike. I tumbled off and was thankful that no one else plowed into us. My fellow racer was unfortunately injured and had to be taken away in the bus. While I made it out mostly unscathed, the bike was beat up and I could not make a restart.

Saturday Race 10 - Ultralight Superbike -

Managed to get the bike back together in time for this race. Thanks for the offers of help from John PewPew and DesktopJockey!!

I had a fairly decent starting position from the second row for this race, especially since the outside front row was not filled. My launch was a bit hesitant and I had a little mis-shift from 2-3 so got taken pretty hard. I was also definitely slow through 1 due to the previous race's incident. I slotted in close to last place but quickly got back to speed. Had a quick battle for the first lap until turn 11 and passed that racer for my ultimate finishing position of 14th.

I had lost the pack after the first lap, but slowly over the next two laps reeled them back in. Had a fun time trying to set up a pass, but never quite managed one. Finished 14th with so-so times, but basically happy with my overall performance. Know I have some performance left in the tank and hope to be able to bring it out the next few weekends.

You're an expert now! Correct? Was behind you at the start of LWGP didn't see the cause just the spinning bikes and dirt. Glad you made it out ok. Better luck next weekend.

Im still so shocked you got that bike back together so fast hahaha. Youre an animal lol. Great to hang out again. Really looking forward to next round!

Quote Originally Posted by csmutty View Post
    Just keep moving those markers in until your pants become soiled and you see god.
    LRRS EX #329
    Thank you to my 2022 sponsors: Vortex, Hot Bodies, Cycle gear, Spectro Oil, DP brakes!!

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    You're an expert now! Correct? Was behind you at the start of LWGP didn't see the cause just the spinning bikes and dirt. Glad you made it out ok. Better luck next weekend.
    Yeah! bumped up this year, still need to find a bit more speed, but feeling comfortable. Looking forward to the Classic weekend. Hopefully we'll be able to battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Mgiossi View Post
    Im still so shocked you got that bike back together so fast hahaha. Youre an animal lol. Great to hang out again. Really looking forward to next round!
    Damage was not too bad luckily. Better get Phil to get his arse up there. And I want more cake! LOL