Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My Race Report.....517

My Race Report.....517

I love reading them on Monday morning so its time to post one. Arrived Friday and unpacked in a new garage and set up the camping trailer nearby. Lotta assembly to still do. No rear brake lever either. Searched around with the other 250 riders and nothing but a older TZ lever from Tim O'Conner #2. Also a spare rearset from Steve at Rising Sun. Neither fit. So I was up as late as I could take putting everything together. Shut off the lights in the garage with only needing to fabricate some fairing bracket adapters and still needing a brake lever. Woke up and was first in the garage. Looked thru some of my own spares and found a footpeg mount and realized that Steves will now work. But I gave it back to him and now I am screwed. But he came through with it again and I was able to assemble this bike and run over and sign up with only enough time for 2 laps practice. Race 2 was F50 Lites and the only other entree pulled out so I had a win by just getting a checkered flag. Bike was overheating too so I pulled into the hot pit and pulled some duct tape off the radiator. Only did four laps that got timed. 1:30 was all I did. The next day I did race 2 GTL. Glad I don't need to be in GTU anymore. A rule change over the winter is good for us 250 riders that leave them parked cause they really are not up to the new 600's in performance. Anyhow I was in 7th at lap 1 and passed 2 riders after a few laps. Then my arms tired so much and I started getting very sloppy running 9 wide and coasting into corners....Tz's are only fast cause of their brakes. Gotta use them to their fullest. I could not. So I got passed by the two riders that recaught me..Best of 1:25.7 wich is 1/2 second off my best....Not the best weekend but Steve at Rising Sun came thru for me. Best of all seeing everyone again after that never ending winter was the highlight of my trip north. Thanks everyone for the compliments about the paint job from Worcester Tech High School's Collision Department. See you all again next month.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: My Race Report.....517

Welcome to the center 10 garage Mike! Good job getting close to your PB on a cold first weekend of the season.

Roland Arsenault
    LRRS and USCRA #763
    2012, 2013 and 2015 Big Fish Small Pond Champion
    "The 4 board is an upshift marker, not a brake marker"

Good read, thanks!

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

Quote Originally Posted by rolker View Post
    Welcome to the center 10 garage Mike! Good job getting close to your PB on a cold first weekend of the season.

Nice job! Glad you were able to get that brake lever to work!

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

I didn't even know you were up there. If I did, I would have stopped in to say hi.

It's great that you got so close to your PB on the first weekend of the year.

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Hi Mike, I think we met inside the media center while discussing your lack of competition for F50. Glad to see that you managed to get the bike in working order!

.5 off PB is nothing to sneeze at for a first weekend in those temps...great job!