Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Rada's Round 6 report

Rada's Round 6 report

LRRS EX 820

I came into round 6 with high hopes and a spring in my step. I really was expecting great things this weekend.

Saturday practice went decent. I felt pretty groovy in the second practice and was psyched for the 30 rider grid in LWGP!!!

I was gridded in 4D . I like to be out next to the wall. Cool. The flag drops and I get a half decent jump and come out of T1 in roughly 8th place. Now is the time to make some ground.

Not.... My shifting problems start rearing their ugly ass head again. I settle in and work around the shifting and unknowingly commence a race long dice with 26 Eric Connolly. Apparently he was inches off my back tire for most of the race and found a way by on the last lap. I was unable to retaliate and finished right behind him. P16. I'll take it.

Saturday evening.. The pit bike race. We got kind of a late start on this but it was a great time right up until the last turn on the last lap. I came around to find my pal 911 not doing too well after getting ejected from his Vespa. This put the rest of my weekend into serious mode. Luckily I got the call at 1:45 am to come get him. So I took off from the T1a hospitality suit with Gino (thanks for riding shotgun Gino) and went and picked a very hungry and healthy Dave up from the H. Fwew. I'm glad that turned out OK in the end. Over all the Pit Bike race was good and we raised some more money for the Hornbecker fund. Good job guys.

Sunday....

Practice... Shifting is still iffy.

LWSS. I get off the line great. Exit T1a in 6th right on the tail of the leaders.... Shit... one of the leaders hits the deck.. I manage to miss the spinning bike. Exit T2 in P5
    Look up to T3 RED flag. Pewp.
    Restart..... Drop the hammer and the clutch slips all the way to T1. Cool I'm last. The slutty clutch slips the entire first lap. Out lap of 1:36. WTF. This is going to be a fun one for sure.
    As the race goes on the clutch starts holding better and I decide to stay out. About lap 4 I come over the hill toward T6 and see a huge cloud of dust. Shit it looks like 212 but I'm not sure. I ride the rest of the race nervous that my pal is injured. I stay out of the way and come home last of the runners. Oh well. They can't all be roses and I kept it on 2 wheels.

F40L...
    Start.
    Run 1 lap
    Bike gets stuck in 6th gear.
    Done.

Poop.

The best thing I can say about the weekend is the PK helped get the suspension closer to what it needs to be. Thanks PK and that I had a great time with my second family. The people at the track make this so much fun. The racing is secondary for me. The friendships that we have at the track are way better than even the best day of racing.

I will have the SV shifting like a boss for round 7. I will find a new PB.

Once again I want to thank my sweet wife Wendy for all the support. Boosey for being a great pit boose. My great garage 2 mates for being the best garage mates. All my friends from RSP and ECK that make this a great time. Thanks to MTAG for the sweet Pirelli tires. Street and Comp for being there and the support.

See you cats in October.

Rada Out

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rada; 09-03-12 at 05:02 PM.

Re: Rada's Round 6 report

Awesome.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Great weekend and seeing everyone.

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Great read...hope to find a second or two next month to come dice w ya.

CCS/LRRS EX #226
    LOW DOWN RACING

Current stable:
    2008 hyper 1100
    2007 crf450r
    2009 yz450f
    2008 sikk mx 125 minimoto

Great to see ya Rada! Hopefully the luck turns in October, we'll see ya then. Bring a costume

You were the only one of us to keep it on two wheels this weekend...seems like a win right there. I'm confident you'll have Lucy running in tip-top shape in October, looking forward to see you and the bike back out there running at full potential.

A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

Larry Lap!

Suuuure I see how it is! Thank Gino for riding shotgun! What about your kid holding down the back seat? Huh?
    Parents these days, sheesh I tell ya...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

Always good times with you at the track. Once you get those gremlins straightened out I think you will be passing me =)

No outside line for you!
    Seriously I had no idea that was you right there until I saw these pics. You must have had a great start!

Great race that was lots of fun

Plaistow Powersports Racing
    Lrrs/ccs/ahrma EX #26