Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

RSP RACING #769 LRRS Round 4

RSP RACING #769 LRRS Round 4

Saturday:

Practice:During the morning practices I had several missed shifts, this had happened before, but adding some oil always seemed to bring it back for me. I checked my oil level and all seemed good so I was not sure what the issue was.

GTL:My first race as an expert. I was gridded in the back row with 0 points. I was able to get off the line and into the pack but a red flag and re-grid ended that run. On the restart I found myself relegated to the back of the pack after some contact between riders in front of me led to a terrible start. I used the time to work on a few things and telling myself to relax work on my designated area and enjoy the experience. 10th out of 13.

LWGP: Again gridded in the back but with 2 TonysTrackDay boys (and also new experts) on the back row with me KB #889 and Adam Butler #820 I felt pretty good. I wheelied, and got a bad start and again found myself in the train entering turn 1 and behind KB. I followed for a lap looking to make a pass I was able to get around on the outside of T9. KB is a good dude so I said HI on my way by..... which Arcy from On Track Media caught.... DAMN CLASSIC!!

and then started working on #218. I tried into turn 1 but the door was shut, I spent the rest of the lap looking. I tried the inside of turn 1 on the next lap and made that work. After a few laps I could see the racer in front of me as I exited 12 and headed onto the strait, there was a rider down but he didn’t appear to be on the line and I saw no red flags so I kept racing! Catching up to the next place I had hoped to make up the position and just as we exited turn 6 I could see the red come out. End of race. 14th out of 19.

LRRS Round 4 LWGP.

Karen Hornbecker PIT BIKE RACE!This was for a good cause and allot of fun even though I could barely clime the banking the wee bit I needed to. I got into my full on Geno tuck and proceeded to show amazing form, and…. Finishing dead last… Quote of the night.. Why is the biggest guy on the smallest bike??
    Sunday: I didn’t have any shifting issues during an uneventful practice. I worked on my starts, and felt better than Saturday. I had only 1 race LWSS and I was looking foreword to it. I spent the day supporting my fellow racers and having some fun to relax.

LWSS:Again gridded last I had a few goals I wanted to achieve, and beating #820 to turn 2 was it! The flag dropped and its on! I get a decent start and run the out lap in front of my fellow TTD guys. On lap 2 #820 rolls the VERY inside line into turn 3 and passed myself and #204 who I was right on. That pass made a gap for me to slip through and heading over the hill I was right behind Adam hoping to be dragged along into some decent lap times. Adam pulled away from me over the next lap but we were catching traffic and I hoped for some luck. My shifting issues came back to me as I down shifter for turn 6 and I had a pucker moment as I jammed the brakes on and lifted the rear trying NOT to do a stoppie I let go turned the bike in and stomped down on the shifter getting it back in a gear high I bogged out of the turn and was soon passed on the inside of turn 7 by KB.. I followed for a lap losing confidence in the tranny at every shift point KB started to gap me out I hit the strait and got on it until again at the entry to turn 1 it bounced out of gear and I took a trip to the nascar oval, again trying to get it into gear I couldn’t until I came to a complete stop…My race was over. DNF

LRRS Round 4 LWSS KB's REVENGE!

Overall it was an awesome weekend, the people make it that way and we have allot of fun. The pit bike race killed me! The upside? I made it thru the weekend in one piece, it could have been much worse. Clearly I have some issues with the shift star/shaft/ or trans. 4 years of racing and track days on the same bike haven’t been easy. My lap times are VERY consistent.. but not where I want them to be I have some work to do!
    :angry:

I am taking the next few rounds off to get married! Without her I wouldnt be able to do these things and have so much fun!!! So I will have some time and hopefully will be able to come back for the Oct rounds with a ready to go bike!

Thank you to all my sponsors, Dyno Solutions, Sportbiketrackgear, Tonystrackdays, MTAG Pirelli for that fresh rear! and Arcy from OTMPIX.com for taking some great SHOTS!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: RSP RACING #769 LRRS Round 4

Quote Originally Posted by catahoulabuldog View Post

THAT. IS. AWESOME.

[QUOTE=catahoulabuldog;1201479]

LRRS Round 4 LWSS KB's REVENGE!

[\QUOTE]

Video is private?