Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

RSP Racing 820 Loudon Classic

RSP Racing 820 Loudon Classic

As most know I have not been racing much this year. It's been hard to stay away but life is busy and racing is taking a back seat.

This is the first year since I've been racing that Wendy has been able to come up for Friday. We headed up on Thursday afternoon loaded for bear. We were staying through to Monday night. We also had the RSP BBQ to look forward too. We rolled in Thursday night and I got to meet up with all the people I have missed staying home. Managed to get 7 full leg wrap hugs and a couple smooches. Dammit I love the people there.

Friday I decided to go back on my word and race the 1000 again. I really wanted to race on Friday and and wasn't doing no freeking GTL...
    I was really excited to race this weekend. I had Mr. Kurtz over at MTAG Pirelli throw on fresh SC1 rear slick. Boy that felt nice out there.
    I gridded up for Formula 40 Unlimited with my pal Jimmy Rich. Well I had a good launch but got squeezed between the guys in front of me. I pretty much rode around in last turning 1:20s and having a good time doing it. I tried to mount a charge to catch Jim but just didn't have the ballz to push that hard.

Saturday I just had one race. LWSS. With no points I lined up in the back. No big deal. I was there to have a good time and see if I still had some speed on the SV. Ran the race at a pretty steady 1:23 pace. Finished the race without panting in my helmet and the bike and I were still the same as they were when the green flag flew. Success!!! Now on to the RSP Racing BBQ fundraiser. We threw down and cooked a mountain of foood and fed a small army of people. Gave away a bunch of really awesome prizes and raised a big ole pile of cash for the Hornbecker fund. Oh yeah I did some dancing too.

Sunday was HOT HOT HOT and I was not digging it. I'm fat and way way way out of shape. Race 1 was LWSB. I had a ball. Ran along and maintained some real consistent laps and picked up some more speed. Best lap 1:21.7 That was not half bad. My next race was not until #12 so I had some time to relax.

Jimmy looked kinda hot out there on Pre grid so I fixed him up.

Race 12 showed up and I came out of the trailer and the air was so hot I almost got right back in there and said F that shit. But I figured I would head out there and see what I could manage. This was Kurlon's class and I wanted to try it. I was out there with Gino and Jake Vader along with a bunch of other cool cats. I spent a good chunk of the race dicing with those two and managed to come out on top. That was cool. I kinda had to slam the door on Jake in T11 on the last lap to stay ahead of him but you gotta do what you gotta do..

All in all this was a great race weekend. I got a chance to catch up with some great folks I have not seen in a while. I raced some and partied some. Even showed my belly some.

I can't thank my wife Wendy enough for all of her help getting to and from the track. I also want to thank my RSP Racing brothers for being awesome.

I have some great sponsors that help out so much. PK at GMD Computrack keeps my chassis solid. Woodcraft has all the best parts and body work. Sport Bike track gear makes it all possible with everything we need.

Till next time!!!

Keep your Potato Hot.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: RSP Racing 820 Loudon Classic

Very seriously hero material here. If you are not infamous you're at least notorious.

What did you run in the Kurlon class? I missed that.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Very seriously hero material here. If you are not infamous you're at least notorious.

What did you run in the Kurlon class? I missed that.
    I think he meant Fanny in UnLimited GP, the polar opposite of the Kurlon class.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I ran the SV and turned 21s with Jake and Gino.

It really was a blast racing with those two.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    I ran the SV and turned 21s with Jake and Gino.

It really was a blast racing with those two.
    Ah, ULSB. I wanted to be out in that race damn it. Jake is getting evil on that 250 and Gino is so damn smooth.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!