Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

RSP Racing #820 Round 2... Hot Potato

RSP Racing #820 Round 2... Hot Potato

My plan this season is to race the 1000 on Saturday and the SV on Sunday. Round 1 had rain so I parked the GSXR and ran the SV. For round 2 the weather man was a lying sack when it came to the weather report. Lucky for us. I was looking forward to some practice time on the big bike but the track oiling team managed to throw the schedule off and I was not paying close enough attention and missed out on both sessions.. I'm still not used to being Group 2.

Race 8. UNGP... I was pretty excited to see a front row grid position. I lined up in 1c with no practice and choked on the start. Not as bad as Smutters but pretty bad. I pretty much was out to lunch in this race. Parking it in the turns and pulling the big trigger down the straights. The only turns that I felt I could go through at any speed were 8-10. I brought it home in last!!!

Saturday night we had a small BBQ. Then played some Cards Against Humanity and laughed our asses off. Oh and Pete rubbed my belly..

Sunday: I had my shit together much better. I was running the SV and had a goal... Beat the 76!
    Practice went well.

Not super fast but pretty decent in relation to the competition.

LWSS. Another somewhat iffy start. Head into T1 mid packish. Damn. The 76 is ahead of me.. Oh man. It's on now...
    I trail Chester for a couple a laps trying to figure out how to get past this beast and it's master. While that happened Heidercopter and BJ went ripping by both of us. WTF..... I made my move on the 76 entering T3 and set sail after BJ. I reeled him in but could not pass him. Damn he is hard to get around!!! I came across the line in 11th.. On the cool down lap my trans decided to quit shifting.. Boy that was close....

I missed my last race because the bike was fubar. I had so much fun in LWSS that I didn't even care.

Round 2 was a bunch of fun with a bunch of great racers. My times are finally dropping. I am getting close to where I was back in 2012. Best lap was 1:21.0. About damn time!!!

I need to thank Wendy for kicking my ass and making me race this round. And the great RSP team.

Next Up.. The Classic...

See you cats there

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: RSP Racing #820 Round 2... Hot Potato

I'll see you at the Classic

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Better a Racer for a moment then a spectator your whole life!

Posted by Jane in BoxChat
    Jaynnus - I can't regret what I don't remember

Originally Posted by gmdboston
    Guys, its Maine. The waitresses have more tits, than teeth......

Re: RSP Racing #820 Round 2... Hot Potato

Sweet write up. Was awesome to see you and you'll be back on your game for the classic!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!