Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

140 cc e-start std trans

140 cc e-start std trans

yx140 zs140 Piranha, etc. don't matter the mfg. I want complete crate motor 140cc. all I can find are kick start, or e-start with semi-auto trans. I need standard transmission, with e-start

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

Re: 140 cc e-start std trans

If you've got an existing motor as a donor, swapping from semi-auto to manual is easy. Otherwise, you'll likely need to be more flexible on your config as it appears no one is importing the 140 e-start in anything but semi at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurlon View Post
    If you've got an existing motor as a donor, swapping from semi-auto to manual is easy. Otherwise, you'll likely need to be more flexible on your config as it appears no one is importing the 140 e-start in anything but semi at the moment.
    at least everyone has run out of stock, hoping someone will make that order soon, 6 weeks ago, there were a ton, and I have watched the stock dwindle, now that I am serious, none left. I am considering a 190cc, as there are still several available, from at least 2 manufacturers, that would bump my hp from 8, to 17 and a 4 speed, to a 5 speed, the 190 is also a bit longer, but fits in my K-pipe. but, I have to fiddle with wiring and find a new exhaust, either way, I'm gonna add an oil cooler. 140cc pitbike engine is a direct bolt in/ plug in 10 minute swap, if it is e-start/std

I posted here, hoping someone might have picked up a spare motor

I have looked on Alibaba, I could order 10, and I would only have to sell 3 to pay for em and end up with a free engine, from what I have discovered, the 140cc engine, is currently the most popular engine on the planet

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Just for giggles, are you looking to upsize your existing mill, or repair an issue? Might be easier to get parts than a motor.

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

First is a semi auto, 2nd and 3rd are not e-start.

First is a semi auto, 2nd and 3rd are not e-start.
    I didn't look that closely. How hard can it possibly be to kickstart though?

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

, and a kick start model cannot support running a headlight, so I am told by the experts

from what I'm told, the kick start models only have a magneto, no charging system

Last edited by RandyO; 09-25-20 at 03:48 PM.
    RandyO
    IBA#9560

I am beginning to lean to a 190, I can certainly use the power, with the 125, I struggled to go over 50, before I go to a semi-auto, I would like to test ride one

RandyO
    IBA#9560

That's not accurate, kick or non kick can have stators with more than just ignition source and pickup coils. If the unit doesn't have a lighting coil(s) it's easy enough to swap stators / flywheels to add that after the fact. Looking at the examples Stone posted, the first for example specifically notes a lighting coil is present. I see the telltale yellow wire on the third one as well.

Does your existing motor have a single phase (single yellow wire) or three phase (three yellows) setup now?

Just for giggles, are you looking to upsize your existing mill, or repair an issue? Might be easier to get parts than a motor.
    my K-pipe went tick tick tick, and lost power and died. to my surprise, there was no oil on the dipstick, 400 miles since last check, only holds 0.9 qt. Kymco parts supply is a disaster right now, my UXV450i has been down for 3 months, everything by a pair of ball joints came within 3 weeks, Arctic Cat sister model, is also on back order. Parts have been slow, from Asia

for the cost of rebuilding, it's a 10 minute swap with the right crate motor that I should be able to find for $450± add an oil cooler for $75. I think its more than the top end, there was no oil on the dip stick, and only holds 0.9 qt. to begin with. I have since learned, that these engines need an oil cooler, air is not enough, I suspect crank damage.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

That's not accurate, kick or non kick can have stators with more than just ignition source and pickup coils. If the unit doesn't have a lighting coil(s) it's easy enough to swap stators / flywheels to add that after the fact. Looking at the examples Stone posted, the first for example specifically notes a lighting coil is present. I see the telltale yellow wire on the third one as well.

Does your existing motor have a single phase (single yellow wire) or three phase (three yellows) setup now?
    ok, I'm corrected, they have a whimpier charging system, that said

you don't get it, I don't want to fuss with this, change out that, I know I have that option, I want 10 minute swap, if I have to fuss, I'm going with 190, it will be less fuss, adapt wires and replace exhaust

I have visited all the website mentioned so far and more, many I have made phone calls too. posting here is a last ditch call, before I make the choice between a semi 4 spd 140($512.20), or a std 5 spd 190($883.99)

RandyO
    IBA#9560

Quote Originally Posted by RandyO View Post
    ok, I'm corrected, they have a whimpier charging system, that said

you don't get it, I don't want to fuss with this, change out that, I know I have that option, I want 10 minute swap, if I have to fuss, I'm going with 190, it will be less fuss, adapt wires and replace exhaust

I have visited all the website mentioned so far and more, many I have made phone calls too. posting here is a last ditch call, before I make the choice between a semi 4 spd 140($512.20), or a std 5 spd 190($883.99)
    I do get it, I'm trying to provide additional info. If you want to avoid the wrenching part, and have a desired setup in mind, go custom from TBolt or similar. They can handle grabbing bits from the right bins and you get a crate motor to just slap in.

I do get it, I'm trying to provide additional info. If you want to avoid the wrenching part, and have a desired setup in mind, go custom from TBolt or similar. They can handle grabbing bits from the right bins and you get a crate motor to just slap in.
    TBolt is one of the phone calls I made, first was to GPXMoto, they sent me to Tbolt. I also called SteadyGarage, or for $1350, I can get a Daytona 190, with 4 valve head, the guy that has been advising me has one, it screams, over 24hp, that would be a step from the stock 8hp.

RandyO
    IBA#9560

How many miles before the motor popped out or curiosity?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

5k, but, I somehow ran it out of oil, only 500 miles since it was last serviced. I have since learned, they need an oil cooler

RandyO
    IBA#9560

I have a Pittster Pro 155Z HO , 4sp manual but it's kicker only .