Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

162W or bigger snowboard

Re: 162W or bigger snowboard

Quote Originally Posted by WordTooYoMamma View Post
    Nope, never wanted to buy a board that would limit my options as to which bindings I would be able to use. Also I will take 4 screws holding me onto a board over the "transition kit" that you would probably suggest which has 2 screws with channel like adapters on the bottom.
    I've ridden the "channel" since before the official release. The 2 screws had me skeptical at the beginning and on first board with it I rode i had some binding problems with the inserts not holding down snug. That was easily fixed the first year and all the newer models have the updated hardware. If there was or would be a problem with them coming loose etc I would have had it happen. Don't knock it till you try it. That said I still only have a a couple boards with the channel since I've been riding YES. boards primarily the last 3 and a half years. You do get an added feel to the board with the channel since your riding primarily on foam with a small strip of polycarbonate/carbon under foot instead of a full layer. I have ridden multiple EST/ regular bindings with the "transition kit" on channel boards and the flex etc is much more natural then having 3 or 4 screws. The inserts for the screws take up a lot of room inside the deck which thus affects the handling of the board. The thin channel lets it flex more naturally .The limiting binding choices I guess I see that. Some other companies bindings do fit although Burton makes some of the nicest bindings.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

162W or bigger snowboard-rossi-1-png162W or bigger snowboard-board-2-png162W or bigger snowboard-board-3-png
    I have a Rossignol Angus 161Cm wide. I have only used it about 15-20 times. I am a all Mountain Free rider. This board has never been on a rail or box. Send PM if interested. $150. Just the board the Flow bindings are not incluted. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0_LZnNbBhkhttp://www.snowboard-review.com/snow.../review/angus/

Eric

Last edited by EJLemo; 11-04-13 at 10:25 AM.

It's still for sale. Bump.

Anyone with $100 can buy this one I have. Bindings have been put on another board I have. So they are not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Squid View Post
    I have an older Burton Canyon Board , size is 210 (?) with Brand new Flow bindings I will sell you cheap. Will need a tune up (Wax, Edges sharpened) Overall it's in good shape, just looks faded as it's been around awile. Hasn't been used in 5 years. I paid $200 for the board and used it 3 times, Bindings are brand new, mint condition, I paid $100 for the bindings. They are adjustable and will accomidate a wide range of boot sizes. The way the boot works is it clamps from the back (Step in) top front position is adjustable with 4 ratchet style fasteners.

$200 takes it home. OR $125 for just the board.

Attachment 32055Attachment 32053

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Honest question: how much has the board/binding technology progressed over the past 10 or so years? I still rock my Ride System 160 board/Ride EX binding combo that's about 9 years old. Still love it, but am I missing out by not upgrading?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12