Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

1st gen sv650 wire harness

1st gen sv650 wire harness

There are too many gremlins within the harness I have now and I'm sick of the heacache. Looking for someone that has either a trimmed or intact wire harness for a 1st gen sv650.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: 1st gen sv650 wire harness

S wiring harness 99-02 1g sv650 – mad8v.com

Email him if that isn't to your liking. He has a couple "possibly damaged" N harnesses listed too. But email him and see what's really up.

What sort of gremlins are you facing? I've had to chase a few on mine.
    Is this a street bike? Or track only? If track only, you know you can hack it down to like 3 wires, right? Solder the joints and it's pretty gremlin free.

It's a track only. I've been finding a handful of shorts/frayed wires while I'm giving it the go through amd getting fed up with the hunt for the next weakest link.

That diagram may just solve my problems amd just re-do it from scratch.

Greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Lifer

I had a modified version of above. I had an extra SPST switch in there that was basically an ignition switch. Doubled up behind the kill. Both had to be on to run.
    Worked mint.
    I chased an intermittent starter issue for a while that I was sure was the starter failing. Wasn't. Was a loose connection in the wire to the starter button thanks to a hacky previous owner. Other than that the harness outlined above works well.

Regardless of what harness you get

Make the full race harness out of it

I played electrical gremlin troubleshooting this past season, and I missed a fair bit of track time because of it. So make the race harness, add the total on off switch, and there are ways to keep things like oil pressure light, neutral, and coolant overtemp. takes a solid weekend to do it 100% right with solder and crimps on all the joints. Invest in weatherpack connectors as well (you can get 10 packs of the knock offs of the best chinesium on amazon and they work just the same). Only downside is it can take a solid weekend to do the mod.

Ask me how I know.