Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

32 qt stainless steel brew pot

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

32 qt stainless steel brew pot

Long shot but figure what the hell... Im looking for a 32 qt stainless steel kettle for brewing beer. Not looking to spend a ton as im just trying it out before taking the plunge. If anyone has one lying around lmk.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

Re: 32 qt stainless steel brew pot

Sold my 60qt a few months back, it was too thin anyways. Good luck with your search! I miss brewing and I'll be back to it once I can build my dream system (come-on, engineering salary!)

yea a buddy at work picked up a 32 qt for like 40 so im hoping to find a deal like that to try it out but its not looking good

"Could you elaborate on that a bit? Just telling me not to run a specific tire, and giving me no true logical explanation is like telling me I'm going to get my dick sucked tonight, and not by whom."

You want an 8 gallon kettle for a 5 gallon batch? That alone is gonna be spendy, even used.

If you're trying it out before taking the plunge, try borrowing a kettle (I steal one my mother has). It can be much smaller as well. 20qt kettle will safely do a partial boil of 2.5-3 gallons without making a mess. Also, that partial boil is going to boil faster (especially if you have to use the kitchen stove) and cool down faster than a full 6 gallons, figuring a gallon evaporates as steam per hour.

I know a lot of brewers will say do a full boil for better quality beer...but don't worry, you can still crank out excellent beer with a partial boil. You can also chill / damn near freeze the last couple gallons of water and use that to cool your wort in the primary.

edit.....due to a shitty ISP I tried replying right after you posted your message, but it timed out till now.

BUT...your buddy at work picked one up, I think it'll be safe to assume he won't be brewing 24-7 unless he's a raging alcoholic, see if you can borrow it. That sized kettle for 40 bucks, it's either a really good deal or a really cheap kettle. Hope he scored a good deal

Last edited by Slyder; 10-03-11 at 07:08 PM.

^ I meant to ask, are you doing extract partial boils? Going for maximum hop utilization? Or making the step to all-grain (what are you using for a mash tun if you're going AG?)

I liked doing full boils but they were a bitch to cool and my chilling process always ended up taking longer than I would have liked. God I miss brewing. Converting a large mini-fridge to a kegerator in a few weeks, but going to equip it for a sankey tap as well as ball-lock kegs.

Last edited by khuygie88; 10-03-11 at 07:21 PM.

for the first batch im going to do an extract kit, probably a raspberry wheat, my buddy thats giving me a hand has the wart chiller and picked me up a single propane burner so we can do this outside in case of a boil over lol

If you really want your own instead of borrowing your buddy's, I just picked this up at Beer & Wine Hobby in Woburn: http://www.beer-wine.com/products/po...el-brew-kettle

Its only a 20Qt but if you are just trying things out and doing extract beers for a while it should be good enough and its not going to break the bank.

I use a 20qt for my brewing, i have done two brews thus far and will be doing another in a couple weeks. You do need to watch for boil-overs with the smaller pot, the Irish Stout I did in early September was pain in the ass to get through the break.

yea im trying to find a slightly bigger pot to use... might just go with alum. for my first pot

I personally wouldn't go aluminum, it can affect the flavor of the beer from contaminates that such an extended boil generate from the metal.

yea, i found a 30qt on amazon for 66 shipped... might just bite the bullet and pick it up

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burtonboarder23 View Post
    yea, i found a 30qt on amazon for 66 shipped... might just bite the bullet and pick it up
    Going bigger means that you're tied to the outdoor setup.... We've used a 20qt just fine

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

yea i got the propane burner for outside for free off a buddy at work tentatively brewing nov 5th if its nice out

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burtonboarder23 View Post
    yea i got the propane burner for outside for free off a buddy at work tentatively brewing nov 5th if its nice out
    You'll shoot your eye out.

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

here's a 40qt for $86 http://www.instawares.com/stainless-....htm?view=list

you might be able to find something cheaper if you know any local restaurant supply stores

I want an official red ryder carbine action 200 shot range model air rifle!