Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Early 90's Sportbike

Re: Early 90's Sportbike

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    That 91 is gorgeous...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Just saw the 86 last night for the first time. I have been searching for no lie the last three months - never saw that one or this one until last night?: Suzuki GSXR 750 Slingshot. I talked to Ed. Great guy and it is exactly what I am looking for (although it is not the Ducati I was hoping) and ready to roll. The asking price is the only thing stopping me and out of the proposed budget. Someone convince me, or more my wife, this is the one.

I already had a call to the 91 and sent an e-mail to the 86. Now the wait...

The blue 86, I'm holding off on that one until the others don't pan out. But thanks.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 7470racer View Post
    Just saw the 86 last night for the first time. I have been searching for no lie the last three months - never saw that one or this one until last night?: Suzuki GSXR 750 Slingshot. I talked to Ed. Great guy and it is exactly what I am looking for (although it is not the Ducati I was hoping) and ready to roll. The asking price is the only thing stopping me and out of the proposed budget. Someone convince me, or more my wife, this is the one.

I already had a call to the 91 and sent an e-mail to the 86. Now the wait...

The blue 86, I'm holding off on that one until the others don't pan out. But thanks.
    How much time, effort, and money are you going to have to put into a non track bike to get it to that level?

And you know that the track bike is problem free unlike the 91 and 86.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

If it where me and I have had thoughts about doing it.. but I don't have the space, or the time. This is the bike... 1991 GSXR 750 Next Generation Superbike | 13x Forums he will deliver to Savannah for the 1st round of Ahrma !

Wow that '91 GSXR is super clean.

If it where me and I have had thoughts about doing it.. but I don't have the space, or the time. This is the bike... 1991 GSXR 750 Next Generation Superbike | 13x Forums he will deliver to Savannah for the 1st round of Ahrma !
    I saw that and is how I am justifying the one in VT. The shipping alone would kill the deal to get up here.

The guy with the 91 called me back!!! Seemed decent enough but he bought as a package deal and never actually heard it run. My only concern. Those motors only fit 90-91. Said a valve was not adjusted properly, which leads me other questions he could not answer. He also said the pictures are much more forgiving than what we see. I'm torn because the price is right, but will still need quite a bit to get track-worthy. I'm already lining up a truck for the 88 in VT for this weekend.

I found a super clean 93 Ducati 900SS/ SP. Thank you to all that helped.

Now the fun stuff of getting it ready for the track. $$$$$$$

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12