Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

cheap track bike

professional lurker burtonboarder23's Avatar

Re: cheap track bike

unfortunatly if i dropped 3+k on a bike my fiance would A) kill me and B) id be sleeping on scottfromboston's couch for the next 3 months leading up to my wedding

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by burtonboarder23 View Post
    unfortunatly if i dropped 3+k on a bike my fiance would A) kill me and B) id be sleeping on scottfromboston's couch for the next 3 months leading up to my wedding
    go with B. you end up with a new bike and 3 months of not having to hear her go crazy about wedding shit and you still get to marry her. I'm only seeing positives in this option.

shes laying next to me... just got the dirtiest look

Sounds like a win-win.

Scott's a good dude and at least you can get most of the track day season under your belt during the time leading up to your wedding!

Here's his website. He doesn't have half of the inventory on the site so just email or get in contact with him. http://bikes.sobedesign.com/
    I tried searching for bj on the forum but it just came up with a bunch of man lovin... anyone have a link to said bikes if one exists?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

nice, ill hit him an email and see what he has lying around for bikes.

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butcher bergs View Post
    Sounds like a win-win.

Scott's a good dude and at least you can get most of the track day season under your belt during the time leading up to your wedding!

Track bikes are cool, and we could certainly use the extra rent, but, keep in mind, that couch is my doghouse too...

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

Quote Originally Posted by scottfromboston View Post
    Track bikes are cool, and we could certainly use the extra rent, but, keep in mind, that couch is my doghouse too...
    is that a polite way of asking if i want to spoon... this is why i love this forum, a post looking for a track bike has gone off and on topic more times then i can count

I tried searching for bj on the forum but it just came up with a bunch of man lovin... anyone have a link to said bikes if one exists?
    I responded to your email, with a description of the bike, list of spares, and 2 pics ... neither of which involve man-loving.

For anyone else interested, I've got a handful of EX500's I'm selling very cheap - $900-1,500. They range from a 1st-gen, (16" wheels) no paperwork racer, (perfect for vintage racing) bikes, up to $1,500 for the best one - an '06 with just over 4K miles/salvage title.

You can find some of them here, and I've got more I just haven't gotten around to listing there. (What with a HUGE clean up on my property, racing season opening weekend, taxes, daughter's 10th b-day party ... it was a busy first few months of the year. Oh yeah, and my dad and I are getting the keys to a new retail store this week.)

The F4 is a fantastic track-day bike - sorted and ready to go. If it's not picked up soon, I'll list it here fully.

EX's are good track-day bikes ... I was the fastest person in a 60-odd member class of students at a Pridmore STAR school 2-day event a few years ago, though at tracks with longer straightaways that advantage goes away. But for racing, if NHMS/LRRS is convenient an EX500's is just about the best, and cheapest, beginner racebike ever produced. You can do everything on an EX that a 160-200hp missile will do EXCEPT highside yourself into the hospital.

And the tire bill won't put you into the poor house, so you'll actually be able to continue to afford racing, and thereby learn something ... instead of quitting after a year or so. (2/3rds of new licensed riders are done in less than 2 years. TWO years? I can't begin to think of how much MORE I've learned since then!)

B.J. Worsham
    15 seasons and counting

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

is that a polite way of asking if i want to spoon... this is why i love this forum, a post looking for a track bike has gone off and on topic more times then i can count
    Just warning you of the possible (and undesirable) consequences of your actions.

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

I'm thinking about selling my '00 MZ Skorpion. It's a 660cc single (raptor motor). Small, light and handles well. It's KenC's old bike, and is a great starter track day bike, (I think Ken was under 1:20 at NHMS on it), but it is def down on hp compared to SVs or R6s. It's street legal, but for the track it has spare bodywork, wheels, a nice almost new Penske shock, etc etc. Asking $2k, and I'm not in a hurry to sell it so low ball offers won't be considered. PM if interested.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

shes laying next to me... just got the dirtiest look
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    I'm thinking about selling my '00 MZ Skorpion. It's a 660cc single (raptor motor). Small, light and handles well. It's KenC's old bike, and is a great starter track day bike, (I think Ken was under 1:20 at NHMS on it), but it is def down on hp compared to SVs or R6s. It's street legal, but for the track it has spare bodywork, wheels, a nice almost new Penske shock, etc etc. Asking $2k, and I'm not in a hurry to sell it so low ball offers won't be considered. PM if interested.
    Pics? Street legal?

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

The best thing I was ever told before my wedding was from my best man, and that was "passport savings account". Only can get the information if you are at the bank and tell them you don't want a debit card and everything paperless. Pretty much is a savings account that you have a book (looks like a passport) and you make deposits and they print in the book the balance and any interest gained. Not sure if any bank around you has anything like that but in NY Pioneer Savings Bank offers it.

BTW, if you already have your tux picked out and the rings payed for what more does she need from you, just sit back and keep the beer cold.

MMI Grad * Kawasaki K-Tech Certified * K-Tech Student of the Course * Yamaha 5 Star Certified * Yamaha Bronze Tech *Yamaha Student of the Course * DYNO-JET Certified

a house lol

Quote Originally Posted by CTRT View Post
    The best thing I was ever told before my wedding was from my best man, and that was "passport savings account". Only can get the information if you are at the bank and tell them you don't want a debit card and everything paperless. Pretty much is a savings account that you have a book (looks like a passport) and you make deposits and they print in the book the balance and any interest gained. Not sure if any bank around you has anything like that but in NY Pioneer Savings Bank offers it.

BTW, if you already have your tux picked out and the rings payed for what more does she need from you, just sit back and keep the beer cold.
    its called a Passbook savings account, not passport. And yes they still have them around here.

yea but coming home with a new bike will sort of destroy any thought of having a hidden stash of money in some random account

Stop being such a pussy and buy it. If she leaves you, she wasn't "the one" anyways.

Now I'll go ask my wife for permission to go to bed early tonight.*

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Why not just use your street bike on the track? Pick-up an older 600ss and then you have a street toy and you can tape the lights off and track it whenever you want.

That's what I'm doing this summer because I wanted to get my pilots license. I bought an older (99) R1 that is in awesome shape. Now I have a street toy and something I can ride at track days. Not a lot of cash invested so my wife doesn't glare at me when I head off for an afternoon flight!

yea iv been looking for an older f4 or f4i, nothing special. Trying to avoid tracking my R6, its nice and pretty and clean... want to keep it that way lol

yea iv been looking for an older f4 or f4i, nothing special. Trying to avoid tracking my R6, its nice and pretty and clean... want to keep it that way lol
    Then stay upright and it will stay nice and pretty clean ... track days aren't like a demolition derby

WHAT!?!?!?! i thought this was like that video game road rash... guess ill be returning the chain and baseball bat i just picked up

Quote Originally Posted by kb1 View Post
    Then stay upright and it will stay nice and pretty clean ... track days aren't like a demolition derby
    Seriously! Why do so many people think you are more likely to crash at a trackday than an afternoon of spirited riding on the street.

"I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

lol im not assuming that at all... actually picked up a set of take offs from duncan moto for the r6 if i dont find something this year to use as a track bike. not opposed to running it

still coming tomorrow?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast