Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

duke 690... or similar

suburban ghetto living... black's Avatar

Re: duke 690... or similar

Ur are more than welcome to take a ride... but. Still need to get the plates / registered. Hopefully tomorrow. Went tuna fishing yesterday and life on Tuesday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    hmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
    Curious about this Motorex issue. I’ve been using it in my Husky because, you know, it’s printed right on the engine case. I usually skip best oil conversations since everyone has a different opinion and little solid info. Just wondering what your specific experience with Motorex is?
    UOA's show that Motorex PowerSynt/CrossPower shears down very quickly. Honestly I don't think it's that big of a deal, but some people don't like it. I started using M1 15W50 in my 1290 and did that for ~20k miles before I got rid of it. It didn't seem to care.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2023 KTM 890 Adventure R

Hypertarded

exactly what I was referring to. Was following another 690 owner back when I had my 07 690SM, which i used motorex in with no issues, but saw tht other owners UOAs. So I did my own UOA on a 2,200 mile change with the Motorex and the results were enough for me to switch.

Your mileage may vary, I'm not looking to get into an oil pissing match, just my "advice" as KTM singles appear pretty hard on oil and with my riding & only 1 oil change per season I'll drop a few extra $$$ for some premium oil and skip a lattee or 2....

The UOA with the Maxima was far cleaner than the motorex and was still within grade after 2,400 miles. Haven't done a UOA on this 690 with the Motul i've been using.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Hypertarded

Quote Originally Posted by MattR302 View Post
    Fine I’ll ride yours too, if you insist
    can't recall if it was you, or maybe WhyNot who pointed me to my 690 on the ADV forum...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123