Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Enclosed trailer

Enclosed trailer

I'm in the market for an enclosed trailer. Doesn't have to be anything super fancy. Something around the 6x8 or 6x10 size would be perfect. Looking for something simple that will allow me to pull a bike behind a minivan.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: Enclosed trailer

Budget?

If your van is like ours it'll tow just about anything single axle with a GVWR <3k lbs.

If you want to make a road trip, I have a friend selling a 6x10 red single axle enclosed trailer for like $600. I am about 3 hours north of Boston. I'm playing poker over there Thursday so can get you pics if you want, but it sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

Edit: He says it needs tires but tows fine

Last edited by xrocket21; 05-21-19 at 06:30 AM.

My budget is somewhere around 2k. I've been travelling around to the various dealerships and see some smaller nice trailers for $2.8k but they are all 2019 or 2018 models. I don't really need something super new. I'm towing with a Honda Odyssey and the Google machine says it can take 3,000 to 3,500 lbs max.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    If you want to make a road trip, I have a friend selling a 6x10 red single axle enclosed trailer for like $600. I am about 3 hours north of Boston. I'm playing poker over there Thursday so can get you pics if you want, but it sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

Edit: He says it needs tires but tows fine
    This sounds like a PERFECT deal for me. I'd really appreciate some pictures or even a little description if you can gather that. I'm up in Newburyport and don't mind a little roadtrip.

Quote Originally Posted by gymkhanaJOSH View Post
    My budget is somewhere around 2k. I've been travelling around to the various dealerships and see some smaller nice trailers for $2.8k but they are all 2019 or 2018 models. I don't really need something super new. I'm towing with a Honda Odyssey and the Google machine says it can take 3,000 to 3,500 lbs max.

This sounds like a PERFECT deal for me. I'd really appreciate some pictures or even a little description if you can gather that. I'm up in Newburyport and don't mind a little roadtrip.
    Ok, Ill hit you up with more details and pictures.

Thanks, in advance. I really appreciate it.

The springs on the ramp on the rear worked well, looks pretty solid. Only issue I see is the bottom rear is pretty rusty, but it has been repaired some. You miught want to get some additional material welded in. Other than that, looks pretty solid for the price! Hope the pics help.

Last edited by xrocket21; 05-22-19 at 06:06 AM.

Dang, that is tempting for the price but I'll pass on this one. I really need something that is ready to go right now (hauling the bike 400 miles this weekend if I can get something) and I was looking for a little better condition. Thanks anyways. If you or anyone comes across something else, I'm open to recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by gymkhanaJOSH View Post
    Dang, that is tempting for the price but I'll pass on this one. I really need something that is ready to go right now (hauling the bike 400 miles this weekend if I can get something) and I was looking for a little better condition. Thanks anyways. If you or anyone comes across something else, I'm open to recommendations.
    ok, no worries. Understandable as there is some rust, but I didnt think it was that bad in person.

Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    ok, no worries. Understandable as there is some rust, but I didnt think it was that bad in person.
    Can I come take a look?