Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Enclosed trailer

  1. #1
    n00b gymkhanaJOSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newburyport, MA // Brooklyn, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    198

    Enclosed trailer


    I'm in the market for an enclosed trailer. Doesn't have to be anything super fancy. Something around the 6x8 or 6x10 size would be perfect. Looking for something simple that will allow me to pull a bike behind a minivan.

    0 Not allowed!
    Don't worry. Be Happy.

  2. #2
    Burns retinas nhbubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seacoast NH
    Posts
    15,876

    Re: Enclosed trailer

    Budget?

    If your van is like ours it'll tow just about anything single axle with a GVWR <3k lbs.

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    TWINS! xrocket21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Maine
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,846

    Re: Enclosed trailer

    If you want to make a road trip, I have a friend selling a 6x10 red single axle enclosed trailer for like $600. I am about 3 hours north of Boston. I'm playing poker over there Thursday so can get you pics if you want, but it sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

    Edit: He says it needs tires but tows fine

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 05-21-19 at 06:30 AM.

  4. #4
    n00b gymkhanaJOSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newburyport, MA // Brooklyn, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    198

    Re: Enclosed trailer

    My budget is somewhere around 2k. I've been travelling around to the various dealerships and see some smaller nice trailers for $2.8k but they are all 2019 or 2018 models. I don't really need something super new. I'm towing with a Honda Odyssey and the Google machine says it can take 3,000 to 3,500 lbs max.

    Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    If you want to make a road trip, I have a friend selling a 6x10 red single axle enclosed trailer for like $600. I am about 3 hours north of Boston. I'm playing poker over there Thursday so can get you pics if you want, but it sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

    Edit: He says it needs tires but tows fine
    This sounds like a PERFECT deal for me. I'd really appreciate some pictures or even a little description if you can gather that. I'm up in Newburyport and don't mind a little roadtrip.

    0 Not allowed!
    Don't worry. Be Happy.

  5. #5
    TWINS! xrocket21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Maine
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,846

    Re: Enclosed trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by gymkhanaJOSH View Post
    My budget is somewhere around 2k. I've been travelling around to the various dealerships and see some smaller nice trailers for $2.8k but they are all 2019 or 2018 models. I don't really need something super new. I'm towing with a Honda Odyssey and the Google machine says it can take 3,000 to 3,500 lbs max.


    This sounds like a PERFECT deal for me. I'd really appreciate some pictures or even a little description if you can gather that. I'm up in Newburyport and don't mind a little roadtrip.
    Ok, Ill hit you up with more details and pictures.

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    n00b gymkhanaJOSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newburyport, MA // Brooklyn, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    198

    Re: Enclosed trailer

    Thanks, in advance. I really appreciate it.

    0 Not allowed!
    Don't worry. Be Happy.

  7. #7
    TWINS! xrocket21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Maine
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,846

    Re: Enclosed trailer











    The springs on the ramp on the rear worked well, looks pretty solid. Only issue I see is the bottom rear is pretty rusty, but it has been repaired some. You miught want to get some additional material welded in. Other than that, looks pretty solid for the price! Hope the pics help.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by xrocket21; 05-22-19 at 06:06 AM.

  8. #8
    n00b gymkhanaJOSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newburyport, MA // Brooklyn, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    198

    Re: Enclosed trailer

    Dang, that is tempting for the price but I'll pass on this one. I really need something that is ready to go right now (hauling the bike 400 miles this weekend if I can get something) and I was looking for a little better condition. Thanks anyways. If you or anyone comes across something else, I'm open to recommendations.

    0 Not allowed!
    Don't worry. Be Happy.

  9. #9
    TWINS! xrocket21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Maine
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,846

    Re: Enclosed trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by gymkhanaJOSH View Post
    Dang, that is tempting for the price but I'll pass on this one. I really need something that is ready to go right now (hauling the bike 400 miles this weekend if I can get something) and I was looking for a little better condition. Thanks anyways. If you or anyone comes across something else, I'm open to recommendations.
    ok, no worries. Understandable as there is some rust, but I didnt think it was that bad in person.

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    n00b gymkhanaJOSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newburyport, MA // Brooklyn, NY
    Age
    35
    Posts
    198

    Re: Enclosed trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by xrocket21 View Post
    ok, no worries. Understandable as there is some rust, but I didnt think it was that bad in person.
    Can I come take a look?

    0 Not allowed!
    Don't worry. Be Happy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •