Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Gen 1 SV Engine

Gen 1 SV Engine

Long and short...bent a con rod or dropped/bent a valve while waiting in the pits at Penguin.
    I know I told some people I had a guy with some motors, but I am looking for the cheapest option avaible! Nothing fancy, stock or lightly modded Gen 1 eng. in good condition. Carbs, radiator and air box a plus. Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-

Re: Gen 1 SV Engine

What happen to the motor? I know my shop is not that convenient for you but let me know if you want a hand fixing it. I will see what I can do.

2004 Honda VTR
    1998 Honda VTR (Track Bike )
    1990 Honda CB-1
    1973 Yamaha RD350
    http://www.ftmsnh.com

Cool Re: Gen 1 SV Engine

Quote Originally Posted by FTMS View Post
    What happen to the motor? I know my shop is not that convenient for you but let me know if you want a hand fixing it. I will see what I can do.
    Well. I ran about 8 laps for my first session, and after cleaning the carbs out the night before, the bike still had a flat spot in 3rd and 4th under hard acceleration coming down the front straight.
    So after coming in, Trouble and I decided that we had to get back into the carbs and clean out the high speed jet really good.
    Went back out for the next session, and someone crashed on the out lap, so we came back to the hot pits to wait but they sent us back in because of track clean up. When I restarted the bike the motor (though I thought it was the chain/sprocket) was making all sorts of bad noises, and stalled out twice before I pushed it back to our spot. Adfter about an hour worth of trouble shooting with Degsy, Big Rick, and PK, we determined that we either had a dropped/bent valve or a bent con rod...so we shall see when we get into it!

I do have an SV expert, both with the LRRS and mechanically, so I just need an engine!

Carpe Diem
    '10 Yamaha R6-Race-
    '05 Aprilia Tuono Racing -Street-
    #46, Expert, CVMA -cvmaracing.com-