Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

iphone <$99

iphone <$99

apparently an LG voyager is not cool in 2012, and all my friends from school got iphones after graduating, so it's time for me to start getting mobile data

anyone got a used one for sale?

price to beat - verizon will give me a 16gb iphone 4 for $99 w' new 2 year contract (or an 8gb iphone 4 for free)...wasn't sure if that was the best deal or not because fleabay is like 3x/price

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: iphone <$99

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    apparently an LG voyager is not cool in 2012, and all my friends from school got iphones after graduating, so it's time for me to start getting mobile data

anyone got a used one for sale?

price to beat - verizon will give me a 16gb iphone 4 for $99 w' new 2 year contract (or an 8gb iphone 4 for free)...wasn't sure if that was the best deal or not because fleabay is like 3x/price
    If you're going to get a new one with a contract I cannot see any reason whatsoever not to get a 16gig iphone 5 for 200 bucks. Seriously. If you're worried about the $100 bucks now, you probably shouldn't be looking to buy a phone that requires a $30 a month data plan.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

what's the difference??

so you pay $100 for a bigger screen, newer chip, 720p vs 1080p video, and 5mp vs 8mp camera??

I dunno man...I appreciate the input, but I'm coming from a non-data plan phone without an OS...it's like coming from a scooter to any motorcycle, they're all going to seem fast!!

Last edited by breakdirt916; 12-17-12 at 02:53 PM.

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

sounds like you need new friends... are they still in grade/highschool?!

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

what's the difference??

so you pay $100 for a bigger screen, newer chip, 720p vs 1080p video, and 5mp vs 8mp camera??
    LTE capability would be the most important. Besides that, the stuff you listed (which is all well well well well worth the $100 bucks), faster processors, newer operating platform, and more. Savas can probably give you a more comprehensive list or a simple google search. I'm not all up to date on the newest cell phone stuff, but the 5 is a giant upgrade over the 4. Nevermind the fact the resale value of a 5 is loads more than the resale of the 4, well more than the $100 difference.

what's the difference??

I dunno man...I appreciate the input, but I'm coming from a non-data plan phone without an OS...it's like coming from a scooter to any motorcycle, they're all going to seem fast!!
    I just made this upgrade. I had my old phone for 7 years so I figured I'd get the newest thing because I'll probably have it for a long time. go for the 5.

If that's the case get the 5 for $200 bucks, sell it on ebay for what I quickly looked and saw auctions for new ones going for nearly $700, rebuy a mint iPhone 4 on ebay for $200 to make $300.

holy chit, I think you're onto something!

even the 16gb iphone 5's are going for over $600!!

strangely enough, the 32gb and 64gb are just in the $700-$800 range...and cost $300-$400 respectively w' a new 2 year contract...seems to be about the same amount of money ($400 before buying a used minty iphone 4)

so if I buy it with a 2 year contract, do they send you the phone NIB, not activated or anything?

so I can buy it, box it, sell it, then buy the iphone 4?

rizxvir - these are all grad school (doctoral level) educated people making 6 figs...you'd be surprised how the "high school" mentality still exists at any education or income level

Last edited by breakdirt916; 12-17-12 at 03:28 PM.

All the prices you see are with a 2 year contract. No, you can't buy a 5, then sell it, then expect to walk in and buy a 4 unless you want to pay for two 2-year contracts.

Wal-Mart just lowered the prices of the 5 to $179 I believe.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    All the prices you see are with a 2 year contract. No, you can't buy a 5, then sell it, then expect to walk in and buy a 4 unless you want to pay for two 2-year contracts.
    No, but he can sell it NIB on Ebay and then buy a 4 NIB on ebay,or even slightly used, and pop his sim-card in.

And from what I can remember, if you order through a carrier online, you will get it new in box. If you go to the store, they will help you set it up, but you could probably request them not to and just take it home....again, waiting for Savas to chime in.

Re: iphone &lt;$99

So $179 plus having to deal with buying a used phone and paying shipping and all that crap.

Yeah, worthwhile to save $40 and then have a old used phone to deal with for two years......

- - - Updated - - -

Bhavesh, don't be a cheapskate. You'll rely on this thing for two years or more. Get a new one with warranty, get a good case for it, and call it a day.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Re: iphone &lt;$99

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    So $179 plus having to deal with buying a used phone and paying shipping and all that crap.

Yeah, worthwhile to save $40 and then have a old used phone to deal with for two years......
    I'm not agreeing the the logic. The OP was worried about saving $100 to have a lesser phone. I offered him a way to get the same phone and make up to $300. In my first response I clearly believe he should get the iphone 5 and keep it.

I am not sure if you are looking at other carriers but AT&T offers
    iphone 4 8gb for $1
    iPhone 4S 16GB for $99.99
    iPhone 5 16 for 199.99

I have an OG iPhone 1. 100$.

just talked to my pops, looks like he wants to get 3 samsung galaxies instead, thanks though!