Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Looking for help with house projects - floor refinishing, skim coating, paint, tile

rides bikes

Looking for help with house projects - floor refinishing, skim coating, paint, tile

So I've been taking on projects all over my house and it occurred to me that some people on this board might have the skills I'm looking for. So far I've done everything myself, but I've got a few things coming up that I've never done before, so it might be smart of me to ask for help.

The immediate projects (would like to do these ones this week or next): skim coat the walls of a stairwell, sand and refinish the stairs and landings (they're hardwood but have been painted)

Longer term projects (no real deadlines): Sand and refinish the floors in 1 room, 1 entryway, and another stairway. Paint a ton of trim and molding. Re-tile the walls of a small bathroom. Replace chain link fence with wood.

Anybody out there looking for side jobs? Don't necessarily need a pro, but someone who's done this stuff before would be great. My schedule is pretty flexible. I can help, or stay out of the way. Happy to pay cash, or barter is great too. I'm a mechanical engineer and develop consumer products (so if you've got an invention idea I can get it going). Also a good motorcycle mechanic and have a ton of parts and bikes. I've also got a small cottage/camp/cabin in Maine on the Penobscott I could loan out for a weekend.

The house is located in Salem, MA and was built in 1859, but never really upgraded or messed with, so there are no jenky fixes to contend with.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by nick5446; 08-16-16 at 07:26 PM.