Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Searching for a 24' car trailer ..

Searching for a 24' car trailer ..

Hey guys, I'm searching for a 24' enclosed car trailer for my dads 69 dodge dart. Around the price range of 5k .. any suggestions?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Cindlezz; 09-23-10 at 04:36 PM.

Re: Searching for a 24' car trailer ..

A friend was selling his last year. I'll see if he's selling it and how much. Last year I think he wanted $7800.00. It had a generator that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tdiloren View Post
    A friend was selling his last year. I'll see if he's selling it and how much. Last year I think he wanted $7800.00. It had a generator that came with it.
    yeah didn't want to spend much more than 5k i think .. thanks though !

I know of one thats been sitting for a bit and might need a bit of work, but it'll be cheap. I think he was selling it for $4k. I moved it with my truck once a year or so ago and it wasn't in horrible shape. The guys dad used to race short track stock car stuff. Its plenty big enough and enclosed.

PM me if you want his number, its in Pittsfield, NH.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    I know of one thats been sitting for a bit and might need a bit of work, but it'll be cheap. I think he was selling it for $4k. I moved it with my truck once a year or so ago and it wasn't in horrible shape. The guys dad used to race short track stock car stuff. Its plenty big enough and enclosed.

PM me if you want his number, its in Pittsfield, NH.
    Do you have any idea what would be wrong with it? My dad is mechanically inclined but it really depends on how much work it really needs ..

When do you want it, and how little money are you looking to spend? I have one that's being used until early November but will be up for sale afterwards. $1500 and it's yours. I think it's an '87.

The bad: It's heavy. I wouldn't pull it with anything but a one ton. The tiles on the floor are starting to come up. It's old. It looks old. It's been used basically for storage for the last 3 years because I was lacking a garage and I got it for a good deal.

The good: It comes set up for a load levelling hitch and I'll include the arms but not the draw bar that goes in the truck. I've towed it to Loudon three times in the past two years. It tows fine. Two of the tires are new. The others two are in acceptable shape. One of the running lights on the top is a little intermittent but all the other lights and the brakes work fine. I greased the wheel bearings about a year ago and they looked fine when I opened them up.

LRRS EX #7
    Low Down Racing
    - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Computrack Boston - Lifeproof -

Quote Originally Posted by Cindlezz View Post
    Do you have any idea what would be wrong with it? My dad is mechanically inclined but it really depends on how much work it really needs ..
    I honestly don't know that much other than he has it and he's been talkin about selling it for a while. It seemed in decent shape last I knew, I'm just assuming it'll need some work to get back to mint after sitting for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    When do you want it, and how little money are you looking to spend? I have one that's being used until early November but will be up for sale afterwards. $1500 and it's yours. I think it's an '87.

The bad: It's heavy. I wouldn't pull it with anything but a one ton. The tiles on the floor are starting to come up. It's old. It looks old. It's been used basically for storage for the last 3 years because I was lacking a garage and I got it for a good deal.

The good: It comes set up for a load levelling hitch and I'll include the arms but not the draw bar that goes in the truck. I've towed it to Loudon three times in the past two years. It tows fine. Two of the tires are new. The others two are in acceptable shape. One of the running lights on the top is a little intermittent but all the other lights and the brakes work fine. I greased the wheel bearings about a year ago and they looked fine when I opened them up.

I'm interested in this if Cindlezz isn't - I really need a place to store my car and this would be perfect. I'm already paying half this amount in storage per year already. Thanks Todd

Quote Originally Posted by burnham View Post
    I'm interested in this if Cindlezz isn't - I really need a place to store my car and this would be perfect. I'm already paying half this amount in storage per year already. Thanks Todd
    Yeah Todd, I showed this to my dad and he's not interested .. he's looking into something a little newer I guess. So it's all yours ! lol