Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTB: Bike table

rides bikes

WTB: Bike table

Not a lift, more like someone's homemade 2x4 contraption that they don't need anymore. I could probably build one for under $30, but I'm lazy, so checking here before I got to Home Depot.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer

Re: WTB: Bike table

I think you'd be hard pressed to build one for $30. That's like a single sheet of ply.

I have a table I made some years ago in my basement. It's a 2x frame on big heavy casters with 3/4 MDF top. Full 8' long. I'm pretty sure I glued and screwed it. I can stand on it and it doesn't give a damn. I weigh a lot, so that's something.
    I've had an old CB400 on that table collecting dust almost since the day I finished making it.

WTB: Bike table-20131120_183349-jpg

I'm putting my house on the market on Friday and finally downsizing. I figured I'd store the table. But $50 would talk me out of that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post

I'm putting my house on the market on Friday and finally downsizing. I figured I'd store the table. But $50 would talk me out of that plan.
    And how much for the CB you're not going to finish? I'm looking for a project.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    I think you'd be hard pressed to build one for $30. That's like a single sheet of ply.

I have a table I made some years ago in my basement. It's a 2x frame on big heavy casters with 3/4 MDF top. Full 8' long. I'm pretty sure I glued and screwed it. I can stand on it and it doesn't give a damn. I weigh a lot, so that's something.
    I've had an old CB400 on that table collecting dust almost since the day I finished making it.

You're probably right. I have most of the materials kicking around to build one, so I wouldn't need to buy much.

Let me think about yours. Definitely a fair price for a nice table, it's just a lot taller than I need (it's going in my basement for winter projects), so I'd end up having to cut it down anyway.

Lifer

Quote Originally Posted by loudbeard View Post
    And how much for the CB you're not going to finish? I'm looking for a project.
    It's rather dear. My first bike. Memories and all teary shit like that.
    Also missus has expressed an interest. I have this hair brained idea that once life slows down a bit I will get to it.

So.. not for sale at this time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!