Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Storage / Work Space

Storage / Work Space

Here's the deal:

I live in Pawtucket and don't have anything in the way of storage other than the rooms in my apartment, which is freakin' small. I rent a small room in the basement of one of my landlord's other nearby properties to store various and sundry items (mostly tools) for a nominal monthly fee. The owner of the building next door has also offered to let me store my bike for the winter for yet another nominal monthly fee.

What I would like to do is find a space where I could store my bike and tools that could double as a small workspace. I have a decent assortment of woodworking tools but nowhere to use them other than an apartment parking lot which is less than ideal. Most of it fits in a few Rubbermaid totes but I have some larger items: a compound miter saw, portable table saw, a small bench lathe, etc. It would need to have at least one 15 amp circuit.

I'd be open to a cash arrangement to the tune of approximately two nominal fees, or a gentleman's agreement to the effect of "You-can-use-what-I-store-but-be-a-decent-human-being-and-don't-break-it", or some combination thereof. Obviously a nearby location is desirable. I'd like to be able to access it primarily on Saturdays; I'm really not around the rest of the week.

Whatcha got?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Storage / Work Space

Preferably someone who won't stage a break in and sell my stuff to buy race slicks. Y'all are shady.

You and I could potentially work something out. I have a barn on my property in Rehoboth, the floor space is basically divided into a small side and a big side. I'm setting up the small side for motorcycle related items, there is a lift here as well.

I have 2 hang ups currently on renting any space. First, I need to finish my electrical service out there. I have the conduit in the ground already, but still needs to be tied into the house. Second, I need to spend an day getting organized in there. Barn has kind of been a catch all for crap I didn't want to deal with when my son was born and we bought the place all within a week.

On your end, I'm not looking for a short term renter, it isn't worth it to me. I don't want someone who brings 3 buddies over crushing beers, wrenching on stuff, and cranking tunes. Wouldn't fly with the lady. (For the record, I'd love to crush some beers.)

We're pretty close, Stacy works in downtown Pawtucket and it takes her about 20 minutes. I work in East Providence and it takes me about 10. Let me know if you'd like to come have a look.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

It sounds like we should get together and have a chat. No worries on the buddies and beer crushing, my parents raised me well.

On the electrical side, without knowing the details, I have an electrician friend who might be willing to take on some side work for a reasonable price. A few years ago I had a garage he had offered to hook up for cost plus beer. Not saying he'd do it for free, but I could reach out if you were interested.

looks like love to me

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    looks like love to me
    Well he does have a beard..

'02 Ducati 998, '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    And I have a goatee*, it's a match made in heaven!

*Beard lite, for those of us who can't grow an actual beard but look 12 without one.

I'm all set on the electrical, thanks though. I'm also an electrician/wizard. It's been more a question of actually making time to do it. I'm out for a day trip on Saturday but I'll be back late afternoon, available all day Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    I have terrible news...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Right on. I'm heading to Maine on Saturday, not sure what time I'll be back but I'll shoot you my number. I can do Sunday as well.