Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a decent 4x6 or 5x8 enclosed trailer

Looking for a decent 4x6 or 5x8 enclosed trailer

My plan is to buy a small, enclosed (preferably new) trailer over the winter BUT if anyone is selling a decent used one then I'd definitely be open to that possibility. From my recent scouring of CL and eBay I haven't found very many used, enclosed trailers within my parameters ( regarding size and ramp door versus barn door etc). Anyway, let me know if someone has one for sale. THANKS.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    [SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Re: Looking for a decent 4x6 or 5x8 enclosed trailer

Try getting in touch with Northeast Custom Trailers can get a new 5x10 ramp back with a side door $2200ish

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Earlier this year, I bought a brand new, 5x8 + v-nose, Diamond Cargo that fits your description exactly. $2000...

I had to go to North Jersey to pick it up. There are two local dealers in CT, and the closest either one was willing to go was $2400.

I'm thinking that a 5x10 is more than I need. I have a small coupe and although it has a 2000 lb towing allowance I don't exactly wanna come near that. Plus I'll be keeping the trailer in my garage so the extra 2 feet plus the V nose could be too big for my garage. Do you guys know the weight difference of an EMPTY 5x10 versus a 5x8?

[SIGPIhttp://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic8737_4.gifC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by smiskell View Post
    The 5x10 is 980 lbs. Didn't ask about the 5x8. And this is at Northeast, it will vary with different brands.
    Yeah, that's what I kinda figured in my mind. A 5x10 is too big for me; weight wise and size wise. It'll be bigger than my car. Hehe

It sounds like Northeast is the most affordable if you want new. They have 5x8 and 4x6 so its worth giving them a call.
    Thanks. I'm also checking out this place in Jersey. About 4 hours from Beantown but they have a good selection.

Cargo Trailer NJ

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Mustang on here bought a 5x10 from Northeast back in the spring and he tows it to the track with his VW Golf so unless you have a smart car I doubt it would be a problem for you. I contacted Northeast over the weekend and they told me that the financing company they use requires a 630 credit score to get financing :/ they also told me that I didnt qualify for a loan cuz I had a couple late payments. seems the company they use is pretty overly picky.

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

My 5x8 is 840 empty...

And a tiny part of me wishes I got the 5x10. I was in the same mindset... Towing with my car and was scared of the extra weight. Right up until I saw how much extra room Bill had in his 5x10, that he tows with his GTI to the tune of 18+ mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by jasnmar View Post
    That's the exact same trailer that others are talking about for $2200. color may be accounting for the extra $300.

Also notice, it's 24" on center rather than the preferred 16" on center construction. Means the trailer is slightly less rigid, and securing things to walls will be weaker and more challenging since theres only one stud every 24" rather than every 16". Its one way to keep manufacturing cost down.

Quote Originally Posted by GixerJockey View Post
    My 5x8 is 840 empty...

And a tiny part of me wishes I got the 5x10. I was in the same mindset... Towing with my car and was scared of the extra weight. Right up until I saw how much extra room Bill had in his 5x10, that he tows with his GTI to the tune of 18+ mpg.
    Does he store it outside or does he have a big garage? I have a 2 car garage but I don't exactly wanna stuff it like a sardine can.

Quote Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
    Does he store it outside or does he have a big garage? I have a 2 car garage but I don't exactly wanna stuff it like a sardine can.
    Store it in your driveway. It's a lockable, enclosed, trailer. It essentially IS a garage.

Store it in your driveway. It's a lockable, enclosed, trailer. It essentially IS a garage.
    I don't wanna do that for several reasons. I'll find a more manageable trailer which will fit in the garage.

I don't wanna do that for several reasons. I'll find a more manageable trailer which will fit in the garage.
    No worries. I'm not here to change your mind. Just to share experiences in my trailer purchasing that only happened earlier this year.

Earlier this year, I bought a brand new, 5x8 + v-nose, Diamond Cargo that fits your description exactly. $2000...

I had to go to North Jersey to pick it up. There are two local dealers in CT, and the closest either one was willing to go was $2400.
    I also had to go to North Jersey to pick up my 5x10, which is infinitely more useful than Noel's 5x8, and I negotiated their "new" price down with cash.

The 5x10 is 980 lbs. Didn't ask about the 5x8. And this is at Northeast, it will vary with different brands.
    Are you sure about that? I'm fairly certain my 5x10 is 1100ish #, while Noel's 5x8 is 200# lighter.
    My 5x8 is 840 empty...

Ah, he beat me to it. My 5x10, with an SV650, F/R stands, spare wheels/tires, a rolly tool box, cube fridge, and various other gear is certainly under the 2k # Euro towing limit of my GTI...which barely even knows the trailer is there at any time, including panic stops.

Bill Cool --- CRA EX #47 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    I also had to go to North Jersey to pick up my 5x10, which is infinitely more useful than Noel's 5x8, and I negotiated their "new" price down with cash.

Are you sure about that? I'm fairly certain my 5x10 is 1100ish #, while Noel's 5x8 is 200# lighter.

Ah, he beat me to it. My 5x10, with an SV650, F/R stands, spare wheels/tires, a rolly tool box, cube fridge, and various other gear is certainly under the 2k # Euro towing limit of my GTI...which barely even knows the trailer is there at any time, including panic stops.
    Mustang, what's your tongue weight? My car (Volvo C30) also has a 2000 lb towing limit and I was always told that the tongue weight is 10% of the towing max (so 200 lbs). Also our hitches are obviously a lesser class rating than a pickup or full size SUV's would be. Long story short: How does your GTI handle a 5x10???? Am I just being overcautious and need a good slap? HAHA!!!......Oh, please post some pics too! I gotta see your setup. Sounds awesome

Last edited by South of Heaven; 11-11-14 at 10:45 PM.

Yeah I was talking to Ken about the 5x10 then entire time and he said it was 980#. But if I call back, ill double check.
    He done did lie to you, little lady. I'll send you the spec sheet tonight.

Mustang, what's your tongue weight? My car (Volvo C30) also has a 2000 lb towing limit and I was always told that the tongue weight is 10% of the towing max (so 200 lbs). Also our hitches are obviously a lesser class rating than a pickup or full size SUV's would be. Long story short: How does your GTI handle a 5x10???? Am I just being overcautious and need a good slap? HAHA!!!......Oh, please post some pics too! I gotta see your setup. Sounds awesome
    I have no idea what the tongue weight is. The bike(s) are mounted as far back in the trailer as possible; and when hauling only one bike, my rolly toolbox is strapped to the wall right next to the rear door. The only things entirely forward of the axle are the fridge, a small folding table, camp chair(s), helmet/gloves/boots, and a tiny ceramic heater. I've been meaning to pull the thing into the scales garage at Loudon and figure it out, but never got around to it.

Long story short - it handles it perfectly. The trailer is exactly as wide as the car, about exactly as long as the car, and maybe 1 foot taller. Sure, it accelerates a little slower, and it probably takes a bit farther to brake - but otherwise the only time I notice anything's back there is over really bumpy roads when the trailer is yanking on the hitch and making noise.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Bill Cool --- CRA EX #47 --- 2023 NEMRR GTO Champion, 2020-21 LRRS LWSS Champion --- RSP Racing / TTD / MTAG-Pirelli / Woodcraft / Sportbike Track Gear / Seacoast Sport Cycle

Here's one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for a decent 4x6 or 5x8 enclosed trailer-2014-04-25-19-23-a  

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Here's one

Nice.

I just picked this up at 5x8 Slant Nose from CargoTrailerNJ.com
    https://sites.google.com/a/cargotrai...nt-nose-v-nose

2014 598 lbs. v-nose 5x8 diamond cargo trailer for sale w/ramp door and side door - pm me if you're still in the market.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by cdovego View Post
    2014 598 lbs. v-nose 5x8 diamond cargo trailer for sale w/ramp door and side door - pm me if you're still in the market.
    If you're talking to me I'm all set. I bought a 5x8 from Cargotrailer NJ too. My pic is actually on the jersey site from the JimmyDaguio post. Lol. Thanks anyways.

Lifer

Why didn't you go 5x10? Garage storage?

Lifer

Okay. I'm buying a trailer. Van/new truck/yadda yadda.. all that BS is just not gonna happen on my budget.

Looks like $3,000 will buy me a pretty solid 5x10 or 6x10 enclosed v-nose trailer.

What should I be looking for? Tips? Advice?

I will be towing with my '09 VW Jetta Sportwagon SEL. (2.0l turbo + 5 MT. Same drivetrain as Mustang.) I'm very apprehensive about towing this much with that car. But if others can do it.. what the hell. I've already added helper springs to the car. Should tow a tincy bit better. What's the worst that can happen right?

Quote Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
    Okay. I'm buying a trailer. Van/new truck/yadda yadda.. all that BS is just not gonna happen on my budget.

Looks like $3,000 will buy me a pretty solid 5x10 or 6x10 enclosed v-nose trailer.

What should I be looking for? Tips? Advice?

I will be towing with my '09 VW Jetta Sportwagon SEL. (2.0l turbo + 5 MT. Same drivetrain as Mustang.) I'm very apprehensive about towing this much with that car. But if others can do it.. what the hell. I've already added helper springs to the car. Should tow a tincy bit better. What's the worst that can happen right?
    Go with what works; buy the same trailer Bill has.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast