Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTB squat rack/bench/bar/plates, etc...

WTB squat rack/bench/bar/plates, etc...

Looking for a cheap in apartment style squat rack. Seen a few on Craigslist, figured somebody has one they aren't using and would be willing to let go cheap...

Need pretty much everything....

Whatcha got?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: WTB squat rack/bench/bar/plates, etc...

I was looking for the same thing then saw Planet Fitness had a full year's membership for $99 and no start up fee. My only problem now that I don't have to set aside space for a weight system is I have nowhere to drape my clothing.

Not going to get rid of the squat rack but have a 3 position rack system I need to part with. Has bench, fly deck, pull down, leg press, etc. Nice unit, takes up a hair more space than a squat rack would but more versatile.

John, if you have Blue Cross health insurance, they reimburse you $150/year for a fitness membership. It used to include fitness equipment, but they dropped that 3 years ago. It may be a better option for you to just sign up at a PF for the $99. That's what I've been doing for the last 7 years & you've seen how Oreo looks at me when we all hang out.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by NPDCPA View Post
    I was looking for the same thing then saw Planet Fitness had a full year's membership for $99 and no start up fee. My only problem now that I don't have to set aside space for a weight system is I have nowhere to drape my clothing.
    He mentioned "squat rack" - not all Planet Shitnesses have them. But hey, how are you enjoying pizza mondays?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    John, if you have Blue Cross health insurance, they reimburse you $150/year for a fitness membership. It used to include fitness equipment, but they dropped that 3 years ago. It may be a better option for you to just sign up at a PF for the $99. That's what I've been doing for the last 7 years & you've seen how Oreo looks at me when we all hang out.
    No Blue cross, I've got Aetna unfortunately.

I thought about planet fitness, but I know if there's a squat rack and bench in the spare bedroom of my apartment that I have to walk by everyday I'll use it. At least that's my hope.

And as far as the way Oreo looks at you....ya, you're right about that. If you grow facial hair, he'd be down your pants in .05 seconds.

I hope you live in the bottom floor!

I've also considered apt equipment...can't imagine much more than free weights and a bench!

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    I hope you live in the bottom floor!

I've also considered apt equipment...can't imagine much more than free weights and a bench!
    That's all I want...a rack, a bench, a 6 or 7 foot bar and some plates...

And I'm the landlord, so fuck the tenants.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I have just what you need brother! 300# Olympic weight set (including bar) plus curl bar. Bench is detached from the rack, it's adjustable from flat to incline. The rack itself is a bit low for squatting heavy weight but would serve the purpose. The weights also have a stand that hold them all.

I bought the crap about a year and a half ago thinking I would workout in the basement, turns out I'm even less motivated to do that than go to the gym. Stuff is basically new condition.

Last edited by loudbeard; 01-08-15 at 02:34 PM.
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I bought the crap about a year and a half ago thinking I would workout in the basement, turns out I'm even less motivated to do that than go to the gym. Stuff is basically new condition.
    I have a full cage that I bought literally a week before tweaking my back/shoulder. It has been used precisely one time. Maybe tomorrow I'll get back into it...

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I have just what you need brother! 300# Olympic weight set (including bar) plus curl bar. Bench is detached from the rack, it's adjustable from flat to incline. The rack itself is a bit low for squatting heavy weight but would serve the purpose. The weights also have a stand that hold them all.

Ok sweet.....talk to me goose, send a pm. I meant to get your # last time I saw you but.....beers, darts and stuff...lol

Oh hollllaa...you boss

That's my goal in life...buy property, have 1 car garage fpr bikes, 1 car garage for ariel atom, little backyard to test out dirtbikes, driveway to park my truck, outdoorbench/squat rack, and some other suckas payin for me to do it

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke: