Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTB - Car GPS

WTB - Car GPS

Looking for a GPS for my car. Must be a relatively new model.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    '02 F4i

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold 9930)

You can pick up a fairly decent gps new for relatively short money. And when you do I reccomend buying one that comes with free updates for life. I love my Magellean but the cost to update the damn maps could just about get me a new unit

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Re: WTB - Car GPS

Honestly i use the Google Nav on my smart phone. the best part is that i can use it in the car and when im on the bike just throw an earbud in my ear under my helmet and get turn by turn directions right into my ear while im riding. no looking down at a screen or directions taped onto my tank. not the cheapest option but i have found it to be pretty versatile for multiple applications. just my .02

I do the same thing but use another I Phone app. Battery life is an issue though.

I have an iPhone and have used plenty of the GPS apps. I still haven't found one that could replace a true GPS device though.

'02 F4i

I use Motion X GPS drive. Its about the only one I liked. Decent features and accurate. Turn by Turn Voice

Quote Originally Posted by ZX11D View Post
    I use Motion X GPS drive. Its about the only one I liked. Decent features and accurate. Turn by Turn Voice
    Thats my GPS app of choice...but its still pretty frustrating at times. The voice signals to turn are pretty off most of the time and cause a lot of confusion. Some of the directions they load are questionable as well. Also drains the battery rapidly which causes me to keep it plugged in on my lap which is a safety concern of mine having to constantly look down. Plus forget about trying to talk on the phone while using the app.

'02 F4i

anyone got a Garmin 1390lmt?

'02 F4i

eBay's Daily "Deal Blast" has the Garmin 2360LMT for $135 so I scooped it up.

http://deals.ebay.com/?_trksid=p5197.m21

Couple hours left if you want it at that price....

'02 F4i