Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

WTB: 50cc Scooter

WTB: 50cc Scooter

Soon I will be doing the Craigslist grind but thought I would post here as well.

I want to buy a 50cc scooter. My preference is for a Yamaha Zuma, Kymco Super 9, Aprilia SR 50, Aprilia Sport City, or their approximate competitors.

Let me know if you have something you want to sell.

Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    /s/ Dustin
    LRRS #767
    '09 R6 / '11 848 Evo / '99 RS250

Re: WTB: 50cc Scooter

I have a Malaguiti Ben Bostrom Replica with a 70CC kit on it, it goes 64 MPH.

This is a Killer Deal and is perfect to Hop up.....he just doesn't realize its all Choked up from the emissions crap they put on it....or buy the one above but its prob gonna be 2k or more.....

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/2412456665.html

Quote Originally Posted by tig720 View Post
    I have a Malaguiti Ben Bostrom Replica with a 70CC kit on it, it goes 64 MPH.
    Will PM you for more info. I know very little about Malagutis and will have spend a moment getting up to speed (no puns here, move along).

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    This is a Killer Deal and is perfect to Hop up.....he just doesn't realize its all Choked up from the emissions crap they put on it....or buy the one above but its prob gonna be 2k or more.....

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/2412456665.html
    Thanks, again, for Zuma info. Just to make sure I undestand you, are you saying that it might be natural for the Zuma only to reach 25 mph? Would this require the seller to be obese? My sense (from snooping around online but by no means knowledgeable on this) was that I might expect at least a little more out of the stock Zuma than that -- and certainly more than the Ruckus. Am I mistaken? I may not "hop up" the scooter.

/s/ Dustin
    LRRS #767
    '09 R6 / '11 848 Evo / '99 RS250

Quote Originally Posted by dhawks View Post
    Will PM you for more info. I know very little about Malagutis and will have spend a moment getting up to speed (no puns here, move along).

Thanks, again, for Zuma info. Just to make sure I undestand you, are you saying that it might be natural for the Zuma only to reach 25 mph? Would this require the seller to be obese? My sense (from snooping around online but by no means knowledgeable on this) was that I might expect at least a little more out of the stock Zuma than that -- and certainly more than the Ruckus. Am I mistaken? I may not "hop up" the scooter.

They stoped making them and when they came back in 08-09 they had done a bunch of mods that really choked them out and made them slow...the carb has a govener on it and as you can see in the pic there is a Box on top of the Drive line where the Belt is too and exhaust choked....

from what i have read 04-05 and up to 07 I think were the best to get but still will fetch 1200-1500 depending on quality...so thats why they think there is something wrong but its really nothing a bit of work can FIX and thats Real cheap...for an 09....2k easy

The other one posted is a True scooter with some sack but I know that if its a certain motor in them that wasn't that Great...but they are the Upper class of scooters and are worth the $$$$$...

but I do have to say I beat the shit out of my Zuma and it still keeps comming back for more....and is so FUN to Ride

FWIW I picked up a 2009 zuma with 4800 miles with no problems for $1000, there are better deals out there if you are willing to wait.