Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

wtb front end parts for 06 sv650s

wtb front end parts for 06 sv650s

Just bought an '06 sv650s last night with front end damage; bent fork tubes for sure, not sure what else yet but front wheel and controls look like they might be ok. The front wheel does not turn freely...still need to find out if that is because of a bent rotor, stuck caliper, bent axle, etc. nothing is obvious by looking at it and I haven't been able to get a hand to get it off my truck to tear it down yet. Its not going to be easy to unload with the front wheel locked and pushed back near the motor by myself; it wont steer due to locked wheel and it was an adventure getting it ON the truck in the dark and rain with seller helping. Fortunately (not), it hasn't stopped raining ever since it got put on in the back of my pickup truck...

I'm looking for available used parts ranging from: stock forks to get it ride-able at a minimum, up to ditching everything that's on there and upgrading with a complete gsxr or r6 front end. I would prefer to upgrade if I can afford it.

Intended use: trackday bike. No racing, don't care about class restrictions. I would be willing to spend a reasonable amount for an upgrade front end.

Im checking on ebay and svrider, etc, but I'm not an expert on SVs, so Im not sure I am looking at all available options, or that the options I am looking at arent ones I will regret later due to complications I dont know about...open to suggestions!

I will be at the track days at loudon next monday and tuesday, if anyone wants to work out a deal to deliver there.

the shift lever and rear brake lever are bent beyond use, so I need stock or aftermarket parts there, too. I'll see what I get into making it ride-able, then will be looking for track plastics and wheels for rain tires for next season (or now, if I come across them)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: wtb front end parts for 06 sv650s

PM sent

GSXR750 GS650 Street Tracker

have a complete front end off an 07 sv650 with GMD done Penske internals including wheel used for road duty and few track days if interested
    owner purchased my entire GSXR set up and will sell at very reasonable price

Get a 06-07 gsxr 600/750 forks....and be done with it