Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

WTB: CHEAP quad/atv

Re: WTB: CHEAP quad/atv

Quote Originally Posted by tsorfas View Post
    i think i found it homies! lets hope its still available.
    http://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/3274523735.html
    You're not gonna want a blaster if you are any more than 5 feet tall, your knees are permanately jammed into the front fenders...also to add, drum/cable front brakes, who ever thought that was a good idea is beyond me considering you normally encounter mud on an off road vehicle...

They're 2-strokes as well. Although tame motors, ready for regular maintenance? Granted 2 strokes are super easy to work on but it's still work.

My suggestion still lies with a Honda 250x, 300ex, Kawasaki Mojave, Yamaha warrior, or Honda 400ex (no reverse). All manual clutch with enough power to get anywhere and will wheelie for days on end.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

you see i didnt know any of that! No i dont wanna do any maintenance on it. if i break it back on CL it goes. I will be doing wheelies and "home-made" jumps on it pretty much. I have been trying to find one of your suggestiosn Jay and the prices are a bit higher than what I wanna spend and I understand why trust me. I am jsut waiting/hoping for THE DEAL lol... aka sell yours lol

JettaJay makes good points. If you can up your budget just a bit, you may be surprised at the difference $300/400 more can make. I'd be shooting in the 350-500cc range, and I'd hold out for that good deal. It'll come soon enough. I'm sure you've expanded your search to Maine, NH & Vermont too. Lots of ATV owners in northern New England...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

You guys are right. Ok let's go up to $1000 range. I wanna stick to that though..
    Thanks for all the good pointers and advice. Now let's find one lol

Buy a Yamahahahaha Warrior 350....has reverse and is a 4stroke.......but I still am sticking to the CRF50 only cause I have had a few quads and one crf50 and it was a the FUNNEST TOY going, well next to the Zuma.....street legal and still can do jumps and whooolies to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    Buy a Yamahahahaha Warrior 350....has reverse and is a 4stroke.......but I still am sticking to the CRF50 only cause I have had a few quads and one crf50 and it was a the FUNNEST TOY going, well next to the Zuma.....street legal and still can do jumps and whooolies to.
    im just waiting for you to sell me you 600

you see i didnt know any of that! No i dont wanna do any maintenance on it. if i break it back on CL it goes. I will be doing wheelies and "home-made" jumps on it pretty much. I have been trying to find one of your suggestiosn Jay and the prices are a bit higher than what I wanna spend and I understand why trust me. I am jsut waiting/hoping for THE DEAL lol... aka sell yours lol
    Yeah the whole point of the blaster was to make a budget entry four wheeler. It was very successful as it competed directly with the honda 250x, 300ex, and Kawi Mojave, but at a 3k price tag as compared to $4500. Add to that the 2 stroke motor and it was actually faster than the rest. Sadly, they sacrificed all the things like electric start, reverse, disk brakes and the overall craftmanship of the others, but you had a brand new ride for 3k.

My only gripe with the Warrior is its long wheel base. Cause of that the Hondas will always destroy the Warrior in the woods, especially as the trails tighten up, but the rider makes all the difference as well. Warrior is a 6speed and some more CCs, so that combined with the longer wheel base makes riding 2 up much more fun and any chance you get to open it up more enjoyable. But honestly, the fun of all these quads listed lies in ripping them through the trails. My 300ex does around 50mph, you won't lose me on that thing no matter what the 4 wheeler you have if the trails are in anyway twisty. You're more than welcome to swing by some weekend and we can go for a tear behind my dad's house, we got a solid trail system back there. The ease of use of the 300ex is another reason I keep it around, to teach new riders and take em out in the woods while I ride my dirtbike.

Able to dig up a few extremely old pics of it....I was literally 14, such a squid! Really brings me back to be honest. I'm assuming these are the exact things you're looking to do on it.

Last edited by JettaJayGLS; 09-19-12 at 10:40 AM.

you nailed it 100% thats exactly what I am looking for lol.. I had a suzuki 90(?) when i was 12 and i just miss those good old retarted days lol

ps these pisc are awesome dude

Last edited by tsorfas; 09-19-12 at 11:00 AM.

Hey.....3500 and its yours. I will even throw in a Transponder thats been well Kept and bought B-new not a NHIS used one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    you have a Zuma?

Quote Originally Posted by zxme View Post
    you have a Zuma?
    Yes......I do and its a blast to whip. Plus its street legal and there is so much stuff you can do to trick them out. Here in the US we are missing out Big time and scooters and low cc bikes, they are a blast to go fast on. The only thing I would probably trade it for is a SR50 or a Benelli...

That is very true Shawn. If you guys have time YouTube the Yamaha Z 125. That's what I had in Greece. It would destroy any 250 and I wanna say even some 500. Straight line 1/4 me no hawk or SV would be able to sit next to it.
    Those bikes are so much fun and so cheap too.

I'm looking for a cheap Zuma 49cc myself

meh, buy what you want....everyone told me I have to buy at least a 125cc 2-stroke dirt bike...and I did, but honestly I had more fun and was faster in the woods with an 11hp Honda XR200

needless to say, after the last 125cc 2-stroke cost me literally thousands to keep running, the first bike I bought out here in cali is an XR100 that will be a mini supermoto bike...it was cheap to buy, it's going to be cheap to own, and 2 tons of fun for hooliganism

Last edited by breakdirt916; 09-21-12 at 12:39 AM.

so the guy tells me he gave his word to someone to check out the quad on thursday and if he doesnt get it I can have it then.
    thats a good sign right? so friday I email him to get an update he is like the guy didnt get it, its all yours.
    So I ask him, can you tell me why the other guy didnt get it? I dont want to drive all the way there to be disappointed.
    He's reply is ummm no, thats none of your business. so i reply: in that case I am all set, thank you for your time.
    Just got another response: FUCK OFF!

fucking people

still on the market

still on the market
    Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, and maybe a bit more than you want to spend...but it's an amazing machine! I grew up on quads and owned several...this is by far the best sport quad I have ever ridden! 2006 Yamaha Raptor 700. The only rerason I'm thinking of selling it is because I don't have the time to use it, and most of my friends ride bikes now anyways.
    Super clean and very well cared for...in the $2,800.00ish range. I bought it new, I'm the only owner

Yamaha

this is sick Mark, iv ridden a 700 before and it rips, its just more than i wanna spend and more quad than i need lol. maybe if sales are blessed this winter lol

just fyi...R7 takes really, really good care of his machines...i know it seems like more than you want, but if you change your mind and go bigger, then you can be 100% sure that you're getting a clean, well maintained vehicle at a good deal

Last edited by breakdirt916; 09-30-12 at 09:24 AM.

oh beleive i trust mark with a lot of stuff! if i had a use for it, id hands down get it from him.

got a blaster last night. i already dont like it! oh well, shit happens

I'd replace the sprockets and chain haha.

Not bad...I'd try to get it for a grand.

-Christian LRRS/CCS HasBeen ECK Racing
    2011 Pit Bike Race CHAMPION!

Identical to what I have. Way way way more fun than a blaster and will wheelie all day. Like I said, if you want to ride mine its all yours...although my trails are most likely covered with snow, the front tires are pretty bald, and my friend rolled the shit out of it last time we went riding. Pretty sure all was in order on it though after we re-aligned the bars.

lets see.. the one i have no i never ever ride, and my little cousin just gave up on working on it. I want to get him something to get involved, he likes that stuff but doesnt have much experience.

Id be open to a dirt bike but nowhere to go riding it. I want to get him a motard but I can swing the cost right now (most are way above 3k).
    just browsing CL today since work is beyong dead. feels like the mall is closed lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast